Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 474849505152535455 LastLast

Originally Posted by switters I installed this last night and everything is working great, with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

swellest no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Heads Up! TMo-Italy 8100 OS 4.2.1.66

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by switters
    I installed this last night and everything is working great, with one exception. I'm unable to get my gmail messages to come through. I've had the service book resent and re-registered the email address but messages are not coming to the handset. Any ideas?
    Yesterday, I stopped receiving Gmail but could still send. T-Mobile said there was a network problem that should be resolved in a couple of hours and it seemed it was as I started to receive again. Today I upgraded from .73 to .66 and everything was fine. Then Gmail stopped coming in again. I called T-Mobile and they said that Gmail POP on Blackberry is still in beta and that after receiving 300 messages you have to log into Gmail through the web and re-enable POP downloading. I did that and it's working again. [ETA: Guess I spoke too soon, receipt is sporadic again.]

Perhaps you're having a similar issue.
    Last edited by swellest; 04-12-2007 at 09:39 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

that's a new one ^^ never heard of that before

abagel84 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EE4CE5

Does anybody have a list of all the new updates with this software version?

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

Cherri, I've upgraded twice now (I'm using Cingy .73) and I'm thinking of taking the BIG step to TIM Italy. I read in a thread where you said there were some really noticeable changes. I know Italy is a little buggy, what are the issues with the video??? Does the issue lie with formatting the videos to play or what is it exactly??

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

I need help!
    I went through the update and did everything I'm supposed to. When it got to the point where it was supposed to reinstall the software, I got an error and now my Pearl is stuck on with a 507 error constantly showing on the screen. I reinstalled the update on the pc, pulled the battery on the Pearl and still nothing. DM won't even recognize that its connected. What can I do now?

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by abagel84
    Does anybody have a list of all the new updates with this software version?
    this is a long thread, BUT if you will read back through it you will find on multiple occasions the enhancements (as well as the bugs) in the IMo-Italy OS 4.2.1.66

its well worth it IMHO. i have enjoyed it for the last 3 days and haven't looked back...

theriddler2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EADE14

did the italy earlier. everything seems good. i did like the fact that basically, my pearl was the way i left it. the only thing i had to do was put the APN in again and the bbweather thing is annoying as always. other than that, everything is fine, get my gmail, opera works, i didnt even have to re-send my service books.

the only thing i am experiencing is that the volume will go up on ocasion which distorts the speaker and then right back to normal, usually on key clicks. weird.
    I don't know what I said, but I know what I think,
    and, well, I assume it's what I said.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72
    Cherri, I've upgraded twice now (I'm using Cingy .73) and I'm thinking of taking the BIG step to TIM Italy. I read in a thread where you said there were some really noticeable changes. I know Italy is a little buggy, what are the issues with the video??? Does the issue lie with formatting the videos to play or what is it exactly??
    not sure about the videos...but i do know people were having issues.
    mine are with images. when moving the camera fast, it distorts...and then once you take the image and then send it from the bb, the OS automatically shrinks it down to super tiny...

other issues:
    don't type the full url (eg www.pinstack.com) because it will throw some java error. instead, just type the url without the www.

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    don't type the full url (eg www.pinstack.com) because it will throw some java error. instead, just type the url without the www.
    That may work for Pinstack but may not work for other domains as the DNS entry for xyz.com may not be the same as www.xyz.com

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Update:
    I finally got everything back to normal. My Pearl was stuck on with a 507 error (I think that was the code displayed since the wording was very small). Everytime I pulled the battery, it would just ome back to that point. Apparently the original install stopped when it came to reloading the applications, but DM would still not recognize my Pearl, so I couldn't reinstall the apps (panic mode).

I'm not sure how I got it working again, but I rebooted the pc a few times, reinstalled the updated pearl os on the pc, opened Application Loader on DM and it prompted me to select what programs I wanted to install (whew). They installed just fine, and I'm back in business.

I don't think I'll ever do that again

n0tad00d no está en línea Stack level 2

I found a solution to the video lockup issues. I mixed the Italy and Telstra versions and now seem to have a pretty stable version that got rid of not only the video problem but the voice and call drops on TMobile.
    Last edited by n0tad00d; 04-13-2007 at 11:01 AM.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by n0tad00d
    I found a solution to the video lockup issues. I mixed the Italy and Telestra versions and now seem to have a pretty stable version that got rid of not only the video problem but the voice and call drops on TMobile.
    care to explain how you went about doing this? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by baseballkyle
    care to explain how you went about doing this? thanks!
    Found a post on the other BB forum. Install the Italy version first, then install the Telstra version over it (don't remove the Italy version, if you get a prompt to repair or remove choose repair), then follow the usual instructions for updating the OS on your BB.

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Quote Originally Posted by n0tad00d
    Found a post on the other BB forum. Install the Italy version first, then install the Telstra version over it (don't remove the Italy version, if you get a prompt to repair or remove choose repair), then follow the usual instructions for updating the OS on your BB.
    can you go into more detail please?
    Dymond Tink
    Mylee Pearl
    Hannah Curve

Quote Originally Posted by jhaebre
    can you go into more detail please?
    I don't know if it's cool or not to link to the other forum and I don't want to steal the guys post but here is the link.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...tml#post505290