Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 46474849505152535455 LastLast

Originally Posted by cherrichiodo dfarrales - yes, you can downgrade. first, uninstall the TIM from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dfarrales no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Heads Up! TMo-Italy 8100 OS 4.2.1.66

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    dfarrales - yes, you can downgrade.

first, uninstall the TIM from your pc in control panel>add/remove programs
    then download OS from cingy and install on your pc
    delete the vendor.xml file
    reboot PC (not sure if this is needed, but i do it anyway)
    plug bb into usb, launch desktop manager
    DM will automatically recognize that there is an older OS installed on the PC than is running on the device. just follow the wizard prompts.

and yes...i've seen that issue, in addition to when taking pics and emailing them, the OS automatically shrinks it down.
    thanks... i'm now running 4.2.0.73. the problem i still have is the camera issue when moving the camera around, things in view "bounce and stretch" and then become stable again when the camera is kept still.

i think the version i had BEFORE the TIM install was even older than 4.2.0.73 because i don't remember the battery meter showing in camera mode. maybe this is what's causing the distortion?

i know cherrichiodo says she experiences the same thing... does anyone else? i like using the camera often and this distortion is driving me crazy! has anyone done anything to help with this?

another quirk i've noticed... and this might be what everyone is referring to when the backlight issue is mention... is that the screen will slightly dim at weird times. sometimes right after coming off of standby mode or sometimes just after 1 minute. and no action from me will make it bright again (sometimes switching back and forth between standy will do it). i can't seem to figure out when it'll do it. i thought installing the bblight app would help but it doesn't seem to. i know in the TIM version, there was a "backlight off" option... was this the fix for it?

thanks...
    Last edited by dfarrales; 04-11-2007 at 08:03 AM.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by dfarrales
    thanks... i'm now running 4.2.0.73. the problem i still have is the camera issue when moving the camera around, things in view "bounce and stretch" and then become stable again when the camera is kept still.

i think the version i had BEFORE the TIM install was even older than 4.2.0.73 because i don't remember the battery meter showing in camera mode. maybe this is what's causing the distortion?

i know cherrichiodo says she experiences the same thing... does anyone else? i like using the camera often and this distortion is driving me crazy! has anyone done anything to help with this?

another quirk i've noticed... and this might be what everyone is referring to when the backlight issue is mention... is that the screen will slightly dim at weird times. sometimes right after coming off of standby mode or sometimes just after 1 minute. and no action from me will make it bright again (sometimes switching back and forth between standy will do it). i can't seem to figure out when it'll do it. i thought installing the bblight app would help but it doesn't seem to. i know in the TIM version, there was a "backlight off" option... was this the fix for it?

thanks...
    installed 4.2.1.66 last night. i absolutely love it so far! very fast in comparison to .71 Cingy i was running and w/ lots of enhancements.

i don't have the camera problem you referred to, but i do have the random dimming of the backlight even though its set to "backlight off" in the screen/keyboard options. annoying, but doesn't happen that frequently so far for me anyways.

PIN/ID
    ask me

is there any way to disable the Key Tone sounds when dialing numbers??? i have Key Tone disabled under the Screen/Keyboard options, yet it still makes rather loud tones when dialing or hanging up on a call.

uh oh... last night wanted to try to cingy red version .73. the update started at around 3 am and i went to be. woke up this morning and it's stuck at the third step "back up non-system applications". the top status bar is stuck at 'retrieving module "com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher.cod" and the bottom bar is stuck at "retrieving wirelessly delivered application modules"

i want to say that i went to bed around this point and that was 7 hours ago.

should i unplug????? anybody????

uh oh... last night wanted to try to cingy red version .73. the update started at around 3 am and i went to be. woke up this morning and it's stuck at the third step "back up non-system applications". the top status bar is stuck at 'retrieving module "com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher.cod" and the bottom bar is stuck at "retrieving wirelessly delivered application modules"

i want to say that i went to bed around this point and that was 7 hours ago.

should i unplug????? anybody????
    well, decided to go ahead and unplug... held my breath... asked me to reset... got the hourglass... waited... waited...

and then FINALLY got it back running WHEW! i guess since it was only at the back up stage it didn't do anything to the phone although it did turn off the wireless. i just had to select 'turn on wireless'.

maybe i'll just stay away from .73 LOL...

so baseballkyle doesn't experience the camera problem. is it just a few of us?

l8nitesurfer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

anyone have list of the software versions? I am runing v4.2.0.71 and not sure if I should upgrade or not! to the itally version.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

there is only one other between you and the italian OS...v4.2.0.73

PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

did i read correctly it took 45 min to install and reboot?

PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by l8nitesurfer
    did i read correctly it took 45 min to install and reboot?
    i've seen various reports of install time. took me about 30 min total. but about a min of interaction time, then you can leave it be to do its thang its a piece of cake!

PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

well here goes nothin!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

is this your first upgrade l8nite?
    the key is to be very patient

PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

not the first but I almost cried the first time upgraded it took forever! I thought for sure i had done something wrong.

PIN/ID
    ask me

so baseballkyle doesn't experience the camera problem. is it just a few of us?
    i did actually experience it for the first time last night unfortunately . nothing major, but definitely a bug....

PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

WOW that was easy

switters no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E3227

I installed this last night and everything is working great, with one exception. I'm unable to get my gmail messages to come through. I've had the service book resent and re-registered the email address but messages are not coming to the handset. Any ideas?