Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by [IFC]Area51 You dont seem to get what we're trying to say, lol. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tkgeekwill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F5F200

Re: Heads Up! TMo-Italy 8100 OS 4.2.1.66

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by [IFC]Area51
    You dont seem to get what we're trying to say, lol.

No matter where you type with this OS, the letters repeat themselves almost at all times.

The point here is, US!, fast multitap users are bothered by this MultiTap Bug!
    No I understand, but I thought that this only applied to SMS, but now I get it.

I do not use multi-tap, I find it much quicker to use Suretype, so it isn't an issue.
    Smartphone Reviews-

Technophobia

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    just so you know, a backup/restore will not restore the old OS...it will only restore your 3rd party apps, contacts, emails...

you will need to uninstall the italian OS thru control panel, then execute the old OS (hopefully you have it on your PC, because if not, you will have to go download it, IF its still available) to install on your PC...
    Cheri, so where is my OS currently located? I want to make sure I have it saved somewhere incase I want to go back to it. This also leads me to my second question, when a new OS is downloaded does it over-write the old one?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ok...so if the ONLY upgrade that you have done was the italian, then the only OS you currently have on your PC is that one. if you've done multiple upgrades, then they will still be on your computer (i have 4 OS on my puter now).
    now...i suspect this is your first upgrade, so you will have to go out and find the OS that you want to go back to...tmo or cingy...and download and install on your computer. but first, you must go to control panel and removed/uninstall old (italian - not really old) one. once you download new, installed, removed xml file, plug in bb and launch dm. it will automatically realize you are going back and prompt you.

and no, it doesn't overwrite

staindone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F059B5

Sorry, a problem occured when attempting to retrieve this file, please contact the webmaster.

That's what I got when I tried to download it. I guess it's done.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

what? from where are you trying to download the os?

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    ok...so if the ONLY upgrade that you have done was the italian, then the only OS you currently have on your PC is that one. if you've done multiple upgrades, then they will still be on your computer (i have 4 OS on my puter now).
    now...i suspect this is your first upgrade, so you will have to go out and find the OS that you want to go back to...tmo or cingy...and download and install on your computer. but first, you must go to control panel and removed/uninstall old (italian - not really old) one. once you download new, installed, removed xml file, plug in bb and launch dm. it will automatically realize you are going back and prompt you.

and no, it doesn't overwrite
    so as long as the new OS doesn't override the old OS I should be ok then. (right?)

staindone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F059B5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Nah I got everything to work and I love this new os!

lineus no está en línea Stack level 2

Just upgraded from 4.2.0.42 with no problem and pretty fast.. Thanks all you guys for tons of info! I deal with phones and PDA vely long time but was really surprised with PinStack - bunch of very well organized information!

Picasosz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2E96

Can Some one pm me notifier Chigong I had to downgrade but I loved that tone

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

WOW. What a difference a new Pearl makes LOL I had no problems whatsoever this time around. Much faster and my Pearl did not crash.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-06-2007 at 03:35 AM.

n0tad00d no está en línea Stack level 2

Has anyone else had problems making/keeping voice calls with TMobile on this version?

zerof no está en línea Stack level 1

I upgrade to this new build a two days ago. Occasionally, there will be no or very choppy sound on speed dial calls. I tested by calling my girlfriend serveral times in another room. Her phone will ring while I hear nothing. She will pick up the call. But I can't hear her and she cannot hear me. Calls seem to be fine if I pick the number from the address book. Once it starts happening, only way to solve the issue is to pull the battery. Turning it off and on doesn't seem to help.

stebog no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm on TMo and am having the same problem described by n0tad00d and zerof. I guess I'll downgrade to see if that is indeed the problem. Went from .64 to .71 then to 1.66 and started having the problem.

smalls no está en línea Stack level 2

Does anyone know where to find the voicemail number, because after I upgraded it is no longer under #1 of my speed dial... (for Cingular)
    Last edited by smalls; 04-06-2007 at 01:12 PM.

Dimndbk no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by smalls
    Does anyone know where to find the voicemail number, because after I upgraded it is no longer under #1 of my speed dial...
    (805) 637-7243 for TMO Voice mail