Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

I can speak too the MMS "bug" that is not a bug. Both .64 TMO ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Heads Up! TMo-Italy 8100 OS 4.2.1.66

Advertisement

I can speak too the MMS "bug" that is not a bug. Both .64 TMO and .71 Cingular can not receive MMS messages when an IM client has the communication port locked. So the TIM release is behaving as it should. I downgraded my phone to test this .. it doesn't work in ANY version.

You should be fine as far as the space issue. The two actual OS's aren't that much different in size .. the installers are, but not the OS's. You should have enough room to install the new OS. The process will do a full backup of your phone then install the OS and after that it will restore settings and apps. I don't see it being an issue.

Also, The Blackberry filesystem isn't like NTFS or any Windows filesystem .. it fragments very little so having lots of programs on your BB isn't an issue. I have TONS of stuff on my BB and I don't see any difference from the first time I powered it up. If you RUN a lot of programs at the same time this is different then having them installed.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

aikenben no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEAC76

I'm not worried about a lack of space, but rather wondering if the factory installation of the OS is bloated. I'm wondering why I had so much less free space right from the get-go w/ my phone. Thanks for the insight though in terms of .71 vs 1.66.

But yeah, essentially I'm just wondering if I were to even do a clean wipe/install of .64 only picking what I wanted, would I notice more free-space right from the beginning?

Of course you would. You'd be insalling less software. But be very, very careful about what you pick and choose to install or else you might lose function in the quest to save space.

I'd add an SD card so you can put non-OS related things such as wallpaper, ringtones and whatnot on it. That would save you space. Just leave the locked pre-loaded stuff on your phone.
    --

aikenben no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEAC76

Okay cool, that's what I thought! I already have a 1GB microSD card in my phone so I'm all set there.

I just hadn't tried it yet so I was going on assumptions but you have confirmed those so thanks!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by aikenben
    Okay cool, that's what I thought! I already have a 1GB microSD card in my phone so I'm all set there.

I just hadn't tried it yet so I was going on assumptions but you have confirmed those so thanks!

Remember that your mileage may very and this is my experience. I'm one of those people who RTFM's EVERYTHING and so I mess with all of my devices to their fullest.

You should be fine though.
    --

Tylast no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by maestrowork
    When you're in text edit mode, holding * used to switch between multitap and Suretype... not anymore with this upgrade. You'll have to do menu/toggle multitap... no big deal, I guess...
    Actually it's a big deal to me as I have to use 2 hands instead of just 1.

Did anyone notice that with this version of the BB OS that if you click on messages and then go to options then to general options that one has the setting option to seperate Messages from SMS/MMS? This appears to work on any theme .. not just the European themes. I have it seperated with the Today Plus theme.

Yet another perk of upgrading.
    --

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I just discovered this (I am using the BB Dimension Zen theme) and the option is to separate SMS and Email, not MMS.

sharky77uk no está en línea Stack level 2

When you separate SMS and email, MMS goes into the same folder as SMS, though I have not been able to get MMS to work at all. Google talk is the only IM I use and that too pretty rarely..but MMS just doesnt seem to work even after battery pulls and resending servicebooks etc etc.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

sharky check out this thread maybe it will help you!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._cingular.html

there are a few suggestions
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

I found another bug in this new OS

Whenever I try to use the phones feature dailing with letters (ie: 1800ToysRUs)
    The phone will double every letter entered after the first one.

The only solution I've found is to delete the duplicates each time they appear.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Lecter no está en línea Stack level 2

I've downloaded the file but get an application setup error

What to do?

Thanks!

Sorry, a problem occured when attempting to retrieve this file, please contact the webmaster.
    Last edited by Lecter; 03-25-2007 at 06:48 PM.

Please!

Longun no está en línea Stack level 1

I've just done the upgrade. Went on straight away no issues. I did have the browser problem but as advised on here got round it in a few mins. The only other problem I had was having to re activate it on the BES server at work. Impressed with the changes worth the hour it took

Cheers

Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Longun
    I've just done the upgrade. Went on straight away no issues. I did have the browser problem but as advised on here got round it in a few mins. The only other problem I had was having to re activate it on the BES server at work. Impressed with the changes worth the hour it took

Cheers

Joe.
    I can download it but then it won't execute, saying there's an error in the setup wizard