Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by aergern 1. The Cingular .89 release has a TMO theme that has ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: Heads Up! TMo-Italy 8100 OS 4.2.1.66

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by aergern
    1. The Cingular .89 release has a TMO theme that has the SMS/MMS icon.
    2. The MMS / IM thing is not a bug in the .1.66 release because it doesn't appear to work in the .89 Cingular release either ... if the IM programs have the specific port in use then MMS messages will never get through. The notification that one has an MMS message comes in on a different port therefore it also is working as it should. One can not connect to a port on a computer if that port is in use and doesn't deal with multiple connections such as pop3 (110) or ssh (22). So downgrading to any TMO or Cingular release will have the same issues as the TIM .1.66 release.
    actually it worked on versions .73 and previous. question, why do you keep referring to it by .89 package name?
    Last edited by blackninja; 03-21-2007 at 01:52 AM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

what kind of error are you getting? and did you resend your service books from your BIS account? or a battery pull?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by toon
    That was actually my initial thought after reading when the MMS glitch was occurring. But I decided to run a test... I’ve got my Pearl on .64, and my fiancee’s on the new TIM release 1.66. I sent an MMS, she received it, all while actively engaging in IM on Blackberry Messenger. So unless Blackberry Messenger doesn’t count as actual IM, we’re not having any problems on our end.
    bb messenger doesn't run on a similar platform to ramble, jive, im+ etc. any of the majors being connected while attempts of MMS will fail. so far no one has found a work around.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I found another MMS bug I think. If you try to use Google Maps and an IM program, the maps wont download.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    I found another MMS bug I think. If you try to use Google Maps and an IM program, the maps wont download.
    Sounds like the same socket again. Jivetalk needs to hurry... I don't like it when programs can't play nice...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    Google Maps isn't an MMS program, but it does transfer large pictures and amounts of data. It is probably just another case of it using the same port to transfer these large files. Which in the case of MMS and IM isn't a bug at all since it doesn't work with the latest TMO or Cingular OS either. It's a case of how RIM has it's OS use ports for transfering data. All computers and devices such as smart phones use ports .. it's part of the TCP RFC and can't be changed unless you have access to the configuration files of the programs which on the blackberry isn't possible as far as I can see.

I downgraded before my over stressed brain clicked and I figured out that this whole thread about MMS/IM was not a bug but just how it is. I haven't upgraded back to the TIM OS yet but with the features it includes .. I probably will.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

FusionTactik no está en línea Stack level 2

loving the new upgrade...it was slow at first to seep in but now its lightning fast with no problems and glitches. i dont have any complaints. this bb world never fails to keep me intact and occupied with my device.

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

I figured out the issue where Windows wouldn't automount the SD card with the TIM OS update .. it was a permissions issue. I had to logout and login as Admin .. then log out again. WTF? I don't know .. silly Wintendo crap, but it works now. So I have NO issues with this upgrade. w00p!
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    I keep running into new features. I don't get why Italy got this first and it makes me wonder how long we t-mo customers would've had to wait to get this.. we're still at .64.

they have been dropping the ball lately.
    Can someone list the new features?

Also, I ran into a lot of problems running media player. It doesn't really crash, but it "locks up" my controls and nothing works -- while the file is still playing. Most notably with old videos I have on the Pearl. Also, I noticed the screen for the video image "shrank." Did they change the resolution of the video player?

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Gundy
    BBWeather also got reset, had to re-enter my location information.
    A couple things got reset, too, and my Handango settings are all gone -- have to retype everything, even though it supposedly "backed up."

I also have some browser issues -- couldn't go on Hotmail. It could be a server problem....

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

in .73 sometimes my sms messaging would get really slow as i type..any improvements in 1.66? also does the media player load faster? i also have trouble viewing pics of my card, my pearl begins to crawl

Quote Originally Posted by maestrowork
    Can someone list the new features?

See my post a couple before yours.

I thought the video player was faster and the image the same size but much crisper and better looking. The controls can get slow at times but I have seen this in every OS version I have tried.

Quote Originally Posted by superdad
    in .73 sometimes my sms messaging would get really slow as i type..any improvements in 1.66? also does the media player load faster? i also have trouble viewing pics of my card, my pearl begins to crawl

The media player loads faster and looks better IMO but like all the other OS versions it can slowdown at times for no real reason.

I had the same sms issue with my prior OS but not yet in this one. I cant say for 100% it will not slowdown as I have not done a super lot of txting yet.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by superdad
    The new suretype is awesome. I also think the media player loads faster and looks better. I've heard of a couple people having problems viewing their old videos, but I fortunately don't have that problem.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

java fiend no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204BF2F5

I cannot run Opera Mini and Yahoo Messenger at the same time. Whatever Opera is using to go online it is booting off yahoo messenger and then I am not able to log back in. I know this is not an issue with yahoo or opera mini because my husband runs them both and did not do the Italy upgrade.

He did however get a download from Tmobile the other day and it has given him all the features the Italy one gave those of us who downloaded it...only difference is he has had zero issues while I've had a bunch.

If there's no easy fix for this yahoo/opera problem I think I'm going back to the old OS, then download the new one tmobile sent out. How do I completely remove the Italy OS?