Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Hello all. Since downloading the new os I haven't been able to get opera mini ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jordanb4prez no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Heads Up! TMo-Italy 8100 OS 4.2.1.66

Advertisement

Hello all. Since downloading the new os I haven't been able to get opera mini or jivetalk to work. Bb browser works great. Anyone know how to fix? Thx.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by toon
    I was able to send MMS with no problem, and nothing seems different at all. Am i missing something?

The problem is sending/receiving MMS when your also running an IM program like JT or IM+.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Quote Originally Posted by jordanb4prez
    Hello all. Since downloading the new os I haven't been able to get opera mini or jivetalk to work. Bb browser works great. Anyone know how to fix? Thx.

Make sure you APN is set back to your carriers info. the new software sets it to TMO italy which will not work in the states.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

I think the benefits of this new version outweigh the bugs IMO.

There is a nice snappy speed increase pretty much all around. On occasion
    it will slow down but not near as much as the old versions.

The ability to totally separate sms/mms and email icons WITH separate count indicators at the top. Sweeettt!!!!!!!!!!

Backlight on/off like so many have wanted since it was removed in a prior release.

The browser enhancements are also nice. Its much faster than before, has helpful views like desktop and page overview, ability to adjust the image quality from High/medium/low to speed up browsing, enhanced emulation modes so you can access more websites (for example.. now MySpace you can log on, read emails/blogs, view pics and everything else but upload pics) and a few other things. If your having a problem with a website just try another emulation mode. I found, so far??, the MS IE mode works best.

The new media player has both good and bad. The good is its much faster now and the image quality, detail, sharpness and colors are now better IMO. You can also choose to turn off the external seaker and have it play thur the handset one.

The bad is it still slows to a crawl now and then like prior versions and playing video is hit or miss. Some seem to pause the video and continue the sound at about the 8-10 second mark. I have 15 videos on my card and have been able to make all of them play 100% thru. You just need to move the highlight to the ff/rr bar and click a couple times to get it started when it stops. I just leave the highlight there so I can just click if it pauses. Sure it should be fixed but no big deal really. Start a video, move the highlight to the ff/rr bar and just click if something pauses.

There is a sending/receiving MMS quirk. It works fine unless your running an IM program. Then you cant send MMS at all and only receive an MMS header and text no picture. The MMS you tried to send are still there and saved so you can just resend later and you do receive incoming MMS notification headers and all the text so you dont lose anything. Again to me no big deal. Just log off you IM program once in a while and send/receive all.

I am still testing it but thats about the best and worst I have found so far???

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    I think the benefits of this new version outweigh the bugs IMO.

The ability to totally separate sms/mms and email icons WITH separate count indicators at the top. Sweeettt!!!!!!!!!!

There is a sending/receiving MMS quirk. It works fine unless your running an IM program. Then you cant send MMS at all and only receive an MMS header and text no picture. The MMS you tried to send are still there and saved so you can just resend later and you do receive incoming MMS notification headers and all the text so you dont lose anything. Again to me no big deal. Just log off you IM program once in a while and send/receive all.
    1. The Cingular .89 release has a TMO theme that has the SMS/MMS icon.
    2. The MMS / IM thing is not a bug in the .1.66 release because it doesn't appear to work in the .89 Cingular release either ... if the IM programs have the specific port in use then MMS messages will never get through. The notification that one has an MMS message comes in on a different port therefore it also is working as it should. One can not connect to a port on a computer if that port is in use and doesn't deal with multiple connections such as pop3 (110) or ssh (22). So downgrading to any TMO or Cingular release will have the same issues as the TIM .1.66 release.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

Blackfist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E447F6

backed up, installed new os, updated from backup ... running like a charm!

toon no está en línea Stack level 2

That was actually my initial thought after reading when the MMS glitch was occurring. But I decided to run a test... I’ve got my Pearl on .64, and my fiancee’s on the new TIM release 1.66. I sent an MMS, she received it, all while actively engaging in IM on Blackberry Messenger. So unless Blackberry Messenger doesn’t count as actual IM, we’re not having any problems on our end.
    Last edited by toon; 03-20-2007 at 07:42 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

^^ great to know toon! has everyone having MMS issues resolved?

toon no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok, Test 2. Tried it again, this time using my own image (the first one was with a pre-loaded image). I sent, she received, again all while chatting on BB Messenger.

One thing of note though... My first Pearl had a defective latch and I just got a brand new one. The latch works, so I’m happy, but this is one of the ones from the current crop that does NOT have Oz Messenger on it. So perhaps, and this is just speculation, but perhaps those having problems have the Oz Messenger installed, and that might be causing a conflict?

On that note, can anyone point me to how to get Oz back on here? I want my AIM, MSN, ICQ, etc...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~BB Messenger is different. Try an IM program like IM+ or JT or Ramble and see that you can't send or receive MMS when they are running.

jpra923 no está en línea Stack level 1

How do you resend services? I'm running into the browser error on restart.

Also, i'm having issues adding a contact to my blackberry messenger. It's weird because i'll click "send to contacts" and the a "select a contacts" window will pop up, but there is nothing there. is the address book the same as "contacts"?

Thank you very much!

fvargasfrank no está en línea Stack level 2

hello just installed the new OS and my internet browser icon is no longer available any ideas why?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

resend service books or do a battery pull...this issue is ALL OVER this thread.

dominobob3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DF3D25

ive lost my myfavs icon on mine, any clues to anybody

fvargasfrank no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok i did all that and still not working can't connet to the internet give me some error