I don't really like the headphones that came withthe pearl as I prefer in ear ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Stevesol no está en línea Stack level 1

Headphones for the Pearl

Advertisement

I don't really like the headphones that came withthe pearl as I prefer in ear buds. As far as I know, no-one makes them with a 2.5 jack (but let me know if I'm wrong).

Problem is that if I use a 2.5 to 3.5 stereo jack convertor then the music only play on one side. Also at the end of each song it goes into voice dial mode. (Mono jack does the same).

Any ideas?

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Headphones for the Pearl

I use in ear www.ultimateears.com They are excellent but still need a sedio adaptor. If you pause the music then unplug and re-connect the adaptor stereo works.!!

EDIT: I just noticed that with Telstra OS the prob with adaptor is gone!! works perfect. !!
    Last edited by gazar; 05-12-2007 at 11:07 AM.

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

that should be www.ultimateears.com

It is now !! LOL

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

cripes! nothing like some $900 earbuds for your pearl. although, as you can see from my avatar, i can totally afford them.

fbriceno97 Guest

i wont pay $550 for earbuds

I have the superfi EB they were about 160 bucks when I bought them, but they are the best I have ever heard !!

RonC no está en línea Stack level 1

I use a pair of Shure E2C's (OK, there are higher end models in their range but I probably wouldn't be able to discern the difference). They work very well when travelling by air as they block out background noise. I used to have a pair of Bose QuietComfort noise cancellation headphones - I'd say that out of 10 the Shure's are about an 8 and the Bose is about a 5.

Ron.

PS I picked up a $5 3.5/2.5mm converter - no problems with stereo.

karmalaw no está en línea Stack level 1

The salesman at my local radio shack told me that the 2.5 > 3.5 converters with only 2 bands on the "prong" won't convert the stereo.. he said those with 3 bands on the prong do.. went in the back and came out with a converter.. except it was $9.99... damnit, where was that $5 converter?

bigvo9 no está en línea Stack level 1

I recently bought a set of 2.5 on ebay for under $10. I havent tried them yet because i havent received it but when I do I will post how they are. I would give a link but i cant so if you search on ebay under all categories: 2.5 headphones a bunch should come up. I bought the black ones to match my pearl.

bigvo9 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok i just received the heaphones that i ordered and turns out that only one ear works. I read somewhere that you needed 4 contact? can anyone care to explain please?