I just got a headphone adapter so that I can use regular headphones on my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

moblo55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

headphones

Advertisement

I just got a headphone adapter so that I can use regular headphones on my BB, but music only plays out of one earpiece. Is there a way to get both working?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    mine sometimes does that. If you dont get the headset jack(male) into the receptacle firmly that happens. Also try starting your music, then putting the headset into your pearl, sometimes this works also.

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3
    That's a weird problem. Haven't experienced it yet thank god.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LNH
    LNH no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've read that some adapters don't work correctly. But I don't remember which one is the recommended adapter.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Ive read on here that the Seidio adapters dont work too well sometimes. I dont have one so I can say firsthand. Seidio does make some good products though. I have the hard rubberized case on my 8300 and swear by it.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Get the "Shure" music adapter. The mic on that thing is soo strong, that with headphones that are really long, which puts the mic near my knees, people hear me perfectly. It somehow isolates the sound. Totally worth the $50 also, I got a really short pair of headset so that the mic is near my chest. It's crisp.

redpearl#2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2401E553
    lol... i got my adapter from a VZWireless Store and it works awesome, it lets me take calls on my bose triports. SUPER COMFORTABLE for long calls.

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    try plugging in the headphones to the adapter, and then the adapter into the pearl. seems to work for a few people.

mrkubix no está en línea Stack level 1
    Mine works fine on 4.2.1, but when I try to use it on 4.5.0.18, they play only one earpiece too.

moblo55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    thx for the help, ill try it out. i was gunna order a seidio adapter too but i guess not anymore

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    I ordered one over the weekend, i'll let you know how it works when it comes in. The headphones/mic combo that came with my pearl work fine. The adapter is really for my car. I tried buying one from Radio Shack once but I think I experienced the same problem. It wasnt a 4 conductor plug first of all, and if I had it plugged in half way or 3/4 of the way I could get some audio, so apparently RIM made a really whacky proprietary design which has done nothing but made peoples lives harder. Was it really that hard to adhere to a standard? Cmon RIM. So seido is the only company who specifically looked at the pin layout and made an apapter accordingly.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    In regards to the Seidio adapter which I finally received over the weekend, well mine is doing the same junk numerous other people are complaining about. Basically it doesnt work at all. Just passes through mono signal and tries to splice together the left and right sound signal to SIMULATE stereo, but it is still mono. I suppose if one were to really disect Seidio's claims of "the only stereo 8100 adapter" it could be interpreted as such. Regardless, pretty big dissapointment, but perhaps I should be blaming RIM for not making a standard phono plug for this thing in the first place!

You can read further responses here -> http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...o_adapter.html
    Last edited by javijavi; 04-23-2008 at 10:19 AM.