Before I rush out and purchase decent headphones and the 3.5 to 2.5mm adaptor, can ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Headphone Question

Advertisement

Before I rush out and purchase decent headphones and the 3.5 to 2.5mm adaptor, can someone please tell me, if I am using dedicated headphones without a built in microphone, will the microphone on the Pearl work or does inserting the headphone jack cut out both the Pearl's speaker and microphone?

Thanks

jibbajabba34 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204ee9f6

Re: Headphone Question

Hi sinkers! You are correct in your assumption of the mic and speaker being disabled on the handheld when you insert headphones into the BlackBerry.

I've also done what you are trying to do by purchasing a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adaptor so that I can use decent headphones to listen to music. The adaptor that I bought is only around 3 or 4 inches long, but it has a mic in it and a button that is like a push-to-talk button. When you push it, your current music or video stops so that you can speak during a phone call. Pretty good device, but you have to have the Pearl close to your face so that you can talk close enough to the mic on the adaptor.

I bought the adaptor here:

seidioonline.com

Hope this helps!

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

just to inform you if you havent read the other posts here, do NOT purchase the radio shack adapter, this does not work properly with the pearl. You will only get sound out of ONE headphone if you do purchase it.

There are mentionings of adapters which work with the pearl (they need 4 bands on the adapter, 2 channels one for each headphone, mic, and ground) whereas most have only 2 or 3 which wont work properly.

You can get the adapter from seidioonline.com or i bought a set of headphones themselves (already 2.5mm jack) from shopblackberry.com and they work perfectly.

i highly suggest looking around in forums about other user's experiences with the pearl and ANY adapter you purchase as the pearl requires a certain adapter, and like many others, dont waste $5 on the radio shack one (like even i did)

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

Seidio Online sells a number of adaptors.

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks to you all for your input (or should it be output ).

Greatly appreciated

cobra2525200 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E636EB

Go here: http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?p...2520UMTIG2GRE4

I have these and they work perfect. You can find cheaper ones but sometimes you get what you pay for.

DO NOT buy the adapter, it's bunk.

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

The adapter sold on Seidio are made specifically for cell phones. So they will most likely work if they are not defective.
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

On my opinon "EarGlove Stereo Headset" with a mic built in works perfect, especially the sound of my mp3's. Plus it aint that expensive the cheapest I found is here: www.chumbo.com

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

I have Jaba earbuds with built in answering button and build-in mic. They work great! They only costed me $12.00 on eBay. If you search earbuds on ebay you can find lots for pretty cheap.
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

mbarlow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E81EC0

I just got the Seidio adapter with the built-in mic and answer button today. This is an excellent solution. I have a couple nice headphones that I've been using with my iPod. The sound quality is excellent and it is pretty cool listening to a phone call in simulated stereo. The music goes on hold and you speak normally. for $20 shipped, this is my favorite Pearl accessory besides my GPS receiver. I considered the dedicated headphones with the small jack, glad I read this board a couple weeks ago.

The media software feels a little light after using an iPod, but it is a beautiful thing not having another device and charger to pack on business trips.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Check out super.fi 5eb from ultimateears.com,these are amazing !! I use these with the sedioonline adaptor.

Gaz