hey everybody im new to the forum and i have a few questions that need ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3

Headphone problems !!!

Advertisement

hey everybody im new to the forum and i have a few questions that need answering asap please. first off i kno how you cant use regular headphones into the slot on the pearl and i was tryin to find out where can i find a adapter that would let me and how much (cheap price). dont wanna buy online bc i need or you can say want them today. i forgot to ask also wat is the size of the pearl headphone slot ? 1/4, 1/8 ?
    Last edited by thagame911; 05-13-2007 at 01:10 PM.

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: Headphone problems !!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hi man welcome to the stacks!

I would try a radioshack store...

Cheers

pedroza no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F123C7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~radio shack is your best bet and think the jack is 2.5mm. You may not get a stereo signal but I heard that if you pause the song then unplug and replug it works. Not sure because I have been satisfied with the stock ones.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

the adaptor is available from www.sedioonline.com.

quantumiq no está en línea Stack level 2

i was at office depot and saw a pair by HP. it was steroearphones with a 2.5 adapter. dont know about the quality though.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Make sure the 2.5mm plug has 4 contacts and not 3 !!

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3

ok i have another question. ok i kno i have to get a 2.5 mm adapter that has a 3.5 mm slot for headphons but 2.5 mm is 1/4 or 1/8 ? bc thats all i see i dont see 2.5

bigvo9 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by gazar
    Make sure the 2.5mm plug has 4 contacts and not 3 !!
    What do you mean by 4 contacts? I just bought a set of 2.5mm off of ebay and only one ear works. so i guess its 3 contacts? is there any way around it or do i just have to get a new pair?

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i need one so I can listen to my music on my pearl. So radio shack would have it? The kind for both ears for music. Thanks!

jock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B40B0

Here is an explanation of why you loose one audio channel when you insert standars headphones into a BB8100. Because blackberry have an extra connection for the Mike, one of the audio channels is moves further up the jack plug so that when you plug in standard headphones you short this channel to ground. See the diagram below (attached). The good new is ... well there isn't any, I have been looking for a 2.5mm 4 pole jack to 3.5mm 3 pole stereo socket adapter without any success for some time, I had to resort to butchering the supplied headphones and soldering up a converter myself
    Attached Images Attached Images

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Target sells an adaptor for $14.97. It's by Wireless, and works perfectly. It also allows you to talk while wearing the headphones. Has a nice cord retractor too. I use my Sony earphones and get great sound. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

epnolan no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry sells a set of earphones made specifically for the Pearl that not only include stereo sound, but also include the mic that's built in to the supplied earphone. You can find them in the Blackberry store.

Alternatively, Shure's i2c-t stereo/cellular headset also works, but because of differences between the 4 pin connections, the sound is mono. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying high end earphones, from my perspective.