I have had my Pearl since early February and it was GREAT for about 3 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Nikolai no está en línea Stack level 1

Having some problems with Pearl

Advertisement

I have had my Pearl since early February and it was GREAT for about 3 weeks. Then the problems started. First my call log decided that it was going to clear itself every ten seconds or so and that is really irritating since I could never see who had just called me and had no idea who it was unless they left a VM. I installed the latest DM (4.2.1.8), created a backup file and also backed up my media. After this my call log started working again perfectly, BUT now my browser was missing (WTF!?!?). I hooked it back up to my DM and a quick check showed that the DM claimed the browser is still installed, only I know of no way to access it so I installed Opera Mini so I can use my internet. Everything was fine for about a week and a half...now the call log has started the same thing again only this time for some reason I have completely lost any ability to send picture messages to anyone. I have no idea if the call log problem and the pic messaging problem are related. This is really starting to irk me and I am considering ridding myself of this piece of (#$@*$ phone and getting something that actually works as advertised. I love this phone when it works right though so if anyone has any ideas of what is wrong and/or how to fix it, let me know.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Having some problems with Pearl

First for your browser and picture messaging just go into options - advanced options - host routing table click the trackwheel and select register now

For your call log problem you should go to your dealer and see if there's not a problem with the BB
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Nikolai no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r
    First for your browser and picture messaging just go into options - advanced options - host routing table click the trackwheel and select register now

For your call log problem you should go to your dealer and see if there's not a problem with the BB
    That fixed the picture messaging and browser problem. Thanks very much. Now I just gotta go to the dealer and have the check out the call log issue. Thanks again Sniper.

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

My phone was doing that with the call log and the way I would get it to start back keeping the numbers was to go to options then to call logging and hit missed calls then do a hard reset after that it would start back holding them and go back into the options go back to call logging and change it back to none you can try this it was just a trick I made up by playin with my phone maybe it'll work for you