Hi all: Got a problem, hope someone here can help. So I'm using BB Media ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Black_Pearl no está en línea Stack level 2

Having problems with media card after uploading MP3

Advertisement

Hi all:

Got a problem, hope someone here can help. So I'm using BB Media Manager to upload my mp3 files to my BB 8100. However something is wierd about it. On the right hand side box at the top, you'll see "My Blackberry/". Underneath this, you'll see Device Memory (total size 19 MB, free space 9.27 MB, file size limit 2.86 MB, description: internal device memory file system). I don't see my 1 GB media card anywhere?

When I try using BB Media Manager to upload the MP3 file, of course it won't let me (file size too big). So I try using windows explorer on my desktop. And I can transfer MP3 files to my removable disk (E drive which is the BB) via copy and paste. So in windows explorer, you'll see the E drive, and the folder in the E drive is called "blackberry". If you expand the blackberry file folder, you'll see these subfolders: pictures, ringtones, videos.

Tried to access the MP3 files on the BB, can't get to it. So I figured, OK, maybe I need to transfer the MP3 files that's sitting on the root directory (E drive) to the music subdirectory. Did that, still can't access them. Any help is appreciated. Thx

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Having problems with media card after uploading MP3

Do you have Mass storage mode turned on?

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Black Pearl have a look through this thread.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d_problem.html

michelle3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Heh funny i figured this one out by trial and error early yesterday morning. And there was a thread for it all along.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Michelle, I am glad you figured it out. !!

Gaz.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Do you have Mass storage mode turned on?
    yes, mass storage mode is on

Quote Originally Posted by gazar
    Black Pearl have a look through this thread.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d_problem.html
    gazar:

thx for the link. i have gone into media card settings and have changed Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when connected from "Yes" to "Prompt". I will try later tonight and move the MP3 songs from the root directory (E drive) to /blackberry/music folder. I will let you know later tonight if that works. I just hope I don't have to reformat my media card!
    Last edited by Black_Pearl; 04-23-2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Automerged.

I'm still having problems. I've reformated my media card 3-4 times, and the BB Desktop Manager still does not recognize the media card (only recognizes device memory). This is with the Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected is "Yes". When I switch to "Prompt", I see the Media Card, but get error message "Failed to Connect to Device. Please ensure device is connected and try again." The Media Card blinks and disappears, then reappears again. I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in again, still doesn't work. Any ideas?