Hello, I have searched the forums for solutions to my problems, but i just cant ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

swampea no está en línea Stack level 1

Having issues with my pearl....pls help

Advertisement

Hello,
    I have searched the forums for solutions to my problems, but i just cant find anyone with the same issues.

There are 2 things that are really bugging me about my pearl.

1st, when i save a number into my address book, i.e 07795...........
    and that person sends me a sms message, it will always come up with +447795..... and not the name under which i have stored the number. this is the first phone i have ever had that differenciates between numbers with international prefixes, forcing me to save contacs in both formats. plus to make it worse when i am abroad my service provider forces me to use uk numbers with no international prefix, apparently to make my life easier...

Also my bluetooth refuses to accept any files from any other devices, so far i have tried numerous phones...sony, nokia, moto, and my vaio laptop. the transfer fails and the message on the sending device states that my blackberry does not support file transfer. i have trawled through the options and cannot find any option which allows me to recieve files.

sorry if these are really simple problems but they are driving me mad...any help would be greatly recieved....

I am on O2 in the UK...

it seems that bb didnt finish the software properly before releasing this phone, so maybe i just need an OS upgrade...

swamps

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    swampea, Welcome to PinStack.

I believe you either need to enter the full telephone number in your address book, or set up the Smart Dialing settings correctly in the Phone App Options for this to work.

As to the Bluetooth transfer, I believe it it limited by design to only transfer media files on the Pearl, and and only from Pear to Pearl. Also, it is my understanding that you must be doing it from in the same folders on each BB. I'm not really sure about this though, only going by what I have read here.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Are you on a BES? My company doesn't have Bluetooth transfer of files/contacts provisioned, as there are so dew pearls running on their system. Just a thought.

portal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2052E55D
    When accepting files through bluetooth you must do this:

(We'll use a ringtone for example)

1) Connect both phones through bluetooth (Pairing mode)
    2) Go to Media > Ringtones
    3) Press Menu
    4) Select Receive Files Through Bluetooth

And then get the other phone to send, it will work. if you want a picture, just go into the pictures folder etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by swampea
    Hello,
    I have searched the forums for solutions to my problems, but i just cant find anyone with the same issues.

There are 2 things that are really bugging me about my pearl.

1st, when i save a number into my address book, i.e 07795...........
    and that person sends me a sms message, it will always come up with +447795..... and not the name under which i have stored the number. this is the first phone i have ever had that differenciates between numbers with international prefixes, forcing me to save contacs in both formats. plus to make it worse when i am abroad my service provider forces me to use uk numbers with no international prefix, apparently to make my life easier...

Also my bluetooth refuses to accept any files from any other devices, so far i have tried numerous phones...sony, nokia, moto, and my vaio laptop. the transfer fails and the message on the sending device states that my blackberry does not support file transfer. i have trawled through the options and cannot find any option which allows me to recieve files.

sorry if these are really simple problems but they are driving me mad...any help would be greatly recieved....

I am on O2 in the UK...

it seems that bb didnt finish the software properly before releasing this phone, so maybe i just need an OS upgrade...

swamps

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    portal, will that procedure work with phones other that BlackBerry HandHelds?

Thanks for your help.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Rcbjr is right re the caller id issue. I put in the 44 for UK in Smart Dial options and everything was OK. To get to this go into Call Log and then hit the BB button, choose options and then Smart Dial.