Ok guys, I hate to have this as my first post, but oh well. the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tnygigles66 no está en línea Stack level 1

Having issues with DM locking the firewall

Advertisement

Ok guys, I hate to have this as my first post, but oh well.

the issue I'm having is I can use the JL_cmder to reset to factory to get rid of the firewall lock, but when I sync with the desktop it locks the firewall on.

I have tried uninstalling eveything from the blackberry, searched for anything related and removed it.

Not sure what else to do. can someone help me please ?
    Last edited by tnygigles66; 07-16-2008 at 12:46 AM.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    If you go into Options>Security Options>General Settings is any IT policy listed?

no. i was able to use "reset to factory" via jl-cmder. though i think i found the issue. when i install the desktop manager and i first open it i get a clean looking interface. then when i close it and open it again i get another icon that has "downloads" i took screen shots.

normal:

Why is this popping up?

and i'm running 4.5 on both the desk top and the pearl. but this also happened with 4.3 DM and 4.2 Device.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    This has nothing to do with the issue....Everyone gets the same screen. Even though you wipe the IT policy off via JL_CMDER its possible that it gets reapplied each time you plugin your BB. Could you do as I said below as this will help me to isolate the issue. Thanks! Also what OS is your BB running?

Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    If you go into Options>Security Options>General Settings is any IT policy listed?

i had an old pearl that had an it policy on it that i wiped, but the other one i have doesn't.
    I'm running 4.5.xxx on the pearl. and i've kind of solved the problem.

I created a new user account on my computer and installed the DM. The downloads link doesn't come up and it doesn't lock the firewall. It still does on the original user account though. so it's somewhere in the computer.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    If you have ever had a BB with an IT Policy installed connected to your computer it could possibly migrate itself with a sync and let the computer know it is there. You will have to modify the registry to be able to remove it from that profile that has the issue.

I don't know where to look in the registry to change this but I am sure some of our BES IT guys probably could direct you.

Zo

thank you. I really appreciate the help!!