Ive been a owner of a RIM BBpearl for awhile now and have kept my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

acezero no está en línea Stack level 1

Having Issues

Advertisement

Ive been a owner of a RIM BBpearl for awhile now and have kept my bb in great shape.. But for the past couple weeks now have been having some technical issues.. I really dont think my trackball is the problem..but when Im not even using my bb you can watch it selecting options on its own. Like the trackball is stuck..I recently cleaned the trackball which was as clean as it was new. But now when using the left key next to the TB it will automatically pick the option,, after I click it not giving me a chance to scroll down..thinking it could be software related I installed the new OS for the pearl but after that hour of waiting. it fixed nothing.. I would really appreciate any advise on this matter Im die hard bb man and very technical so any great ideas on how to fix this,,would be appreciated..

BTW..sometimes I get brain farts and forget certain things..could anyone also remind me..
    How do you change the ringtone for a incoming SMS..I knew before but cant seem to remember..

Thanks again guys ;-D

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Having Issues

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am not sure why you are having issues with the trackball, but maybe doing a reinstall of the OS might help, with respect to the ringtone for SMS, go to the profiles> advanced> then edit the one you want, hope that helps

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

to change the sms rintone just select your profiles then scroll down to advance then hit the menu key and select edit then from there you can change it. the other issue i am not sure on but someone will be along soon to help i am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by iron07 View Post
    to change the sms rintone just select your profiles then scroll down to advance then hit the menu key and select edit then from there you can change it. the other issue i am not sure on but someone will be along soon to help i am sure.

Thanks for the help with find how to change my sms text ringtone :-)

Do I need A new trackball?
    Im thinking with a new one this might help the problem..
    Any advice would be appreciated..

Well I'm ordering a new trackball assembly....fingers crossed.....
    Hopefully this will fix the problem. but still seems like thats my only option.
    At&t [aka] Not Covered...
    Told me that since my bb was 9 months old theres nothing they could do.. but they did give me the option of sending it back to them. :-) for repairs.. then I asked how much would it cost me to do this..
    the operator answered... depending on the problem.from $40 to $100.
    I was outraged Ive been with these guys for 9 months and to fix a $15 problem. they want $40-100.. thats just nuts..Thx at&t................