hey everybody, check this out. i have my pearl through tmo and everything has been ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dparks69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305f78fc

having a weird browser issue here

Advertisement

hey everybody, check this out. i have my pearl through tmo and everything has been fine for the last year. well now, all of a sudden my browser doesnt seem to want to work. ok, let me change that, it works, but only about half the time because now there is one small diagonal outgoing arrow that blinks in the top right corner of the screen and then suddenly my signal is completely gone. it started happening last night while i was using my browser and in the middle of looking at a page the screen went white, my color pearl went standard white, and then, nothing. well, after i figured out that my phone had locked up and pulled the battery and waited my 30, put it back in, and nothing happened. so i waited a min then i pulled it again. this time when i put it back in the flash came on and stayed on. so by now im utterly confused. so after pulling the battery several times with the same result i did it one more and just let the flash sit and after about 20 secs the phone booted up. well when it booted i noticed i had no icon and it was doing the arrow signal thing, so i came in the living room and restored it from my last backup which was just a few days ago. after that i had no icon and no browser at all but i kept my signal the whole time with no blinking small arrow. the only reason i noticed there was no browser was because under the option to change the convenience keys i didnt have a browser option. so i did another battery pull and waited. this time everything booted up like normal except for now im back to the blinking small arrow and no signal half the time. ive tried resending service books, clearing logs, more battery pulls, and im getting nothing. im thinking that i should just wipe it and restore it again from my last backup which will be the same one i used last time. what do you guys here think?

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: having a weird browser issue here

You can try reloading the OS

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I know someone on here last year who went thru 3 BlackBerrys because of browser problems. Not implying that you will have to go thru that many but it has happened.

PIN/ID
    305f78fc

this is the first time ive ever had this happen. i wiped it and am gonna try to start from my backup point and see what happens, after that i guess ill just have to go through and do it manually i duuno.

philkelsey no está en línea Stack level 1

Please can you let me know how to resolve this because I am having the same trouble.

Does the 'Wipe Handset' function clear my address book etc?

Thanks

PIN/ID
    305f78fc

i dunno, im still working on it, only now instead of getting the small blinking arrow im getting no service or signal whatsoever, no, wait, my signal just came back after about 30 mins but still has the blinking arrow and cutting in and out. i will post whatever the solution is, or at least what the solution for my phone is anyway, if i ever find it.

PIN/ID
    305f78fc

well, i broke down and called tmo and i have been told that i will be getting a new phone in about 4 or 5 days, but i do believe that i am going to go by the dealer and see if i can get a blue one cause that is the one i wanted anyway. tmo guy says it could happen but he couldnt say for sure. so, sorry i couldnt find an answer guys. but hey, on the plus side i get a brand new phone, yay

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

> so, sorry i couldnt find an answer guys.

Actually, I think you DID find the answer: it's a thorny problem, it is on T-Mobile's lap... so instead of trying to troubleshoot, which might be a huge time sink, they give you a new Berry!

I call that a solution all right

PIN/ID
    305f78fc

ya know whats funny though. i tried to just get a new one at the retailer cause i figured if they were gonna send me one and they are gonna discontinue the 8100 once the 8120 gets in full swing, and i really wanted a blue one and they just gave me some pos nokia. i think ive made my decision on the curve to, since tmo is getting the new pearl i think im just gonna get it as the only difference is the keyboard, size, and gps right? ive just found that i can run circles around people with a full keyboard and im just not that fast. funny thing about this actual prob though is all afternoon my phone has kept a signal all afternoon. so either its fixed, or it wasnt my phone to begin with but either way i get a new one haha.