This is a strange one. In trying to access external voicemail systems using the Pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3

Having a problem with external voicemail systems

Advertisement

This is a strange one. In trying to access external voicemail systems using the Pearl phone, I am getting a variety of error messages from those systems (i.e. trying to call in to my work or home voicemail remotely using the Pearl). It appears that the tone that is being produced by the phone (particularly the 3 and 5 keys) is not being recognized by external voicemail systems (I am having this problem on several different systems). The correct number appears on the Pearl screen, and I am not having any probelm dialing phone numbers. (So, for example, when I am entering a numerical passowrd using the phone keypad, and hit 1 2 3 7 #, the system I am trying to access will tell me "127 is not a valid password.") I had not gotten the keys wet or anything. Have tried a hard reset; still happening. Any suggestions? Thanks,
    Bill

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Having a problem with external voicemail systems

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you are entering four #s and the service is repeating back three... Seems you do have a keyboard prob or else you didn't push hard enough. I set mine up to use no pw except when I'm away. Perhaps you need to call the carrier & ask them to reset your pw, and try logging in, again, then set it so pw isn't necessary...?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by marigotrip
    This is a strange one. In trying to access external voicemail systems using the Pearl phone, I am getting a variety of error messages from those systems (i.e. trying to call in to my work or home voicemail remotely using the Pearl). It appears that the tone that is being produced by the phone (particularly the 3 and 5 keys) is not being recognized by external voicemail systems (I am having this problem on several different systems). The correct number appears on the Pearl screen, and I am not having any probelm dialing phone numbers. (So, for example, when I am entering a numerical passowrd using the phone keypad, and hit 1 2 3 7 #, the system I am trying to access will tell me "127 is not a valid password.") I had not gotten the keys wet or anything. Have tried a hard reset; still happening. Any suggestions? Thanks,
    Bill
    there is an issue with the phone producing all DTMF tones. ( the tones given off by the keys) I would try to reload the software and see if that corrects it. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for the suggestions; a 5 minute battery pull seemed to do the trick for now....Bill