Hi, veterans. I just had my 8100 pearl lately, and this is my first BB. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lnExp no está en línea Stack level 1

Have a question about browsing all folders and file in 8100 by "my computer"

Advertisement

Hi, veterans. I just had my 8100 pearl lately, and this is my first BB. So I am pretty sure I am one newbie here, and are reading lots of threads here.

Here is my question. I try to browse all folders and files in 8100 (no microSD card yet). and I connect it by usb cable. There is one new removable driver showed up in "my computer". However, when I try to double-click it, it told me to insert a disk in this driver. I was so confused. Is it normal, or is there something wrong with my BB. Or, maybe there are some other ways to do that? Please give me some suggestion. Thank you.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Have a question about browsing all folders and file in 8100 by "my computer"

Quote Originally Posted by lnExp View Post
    Hi, veterans. I just had my 8100 pearl lately, and this is my first BB. So I am pretty sure I am one newbie here, and are reading lots of threads here.

Here is my question. I try to browse all folders and files in 8100 (no microSD card yet). and I connect it by usb cable. There is one new removable driver showed up in "my computer". However, when I try to double-click it, it told me to insert a disk in this driver. I was so confused. Is it normal, or is there something wrong with my BB. Or, maybe there are some other ways to do that? Please give me some suggestion. Thank you.
    Hi InExp. The device will not show up as a mass storage device without the media card. The best way to view the files on the device is to load the desktop manager onto the PC and go through the media manager. The disc drive (usually F: shows up because when you originally connected the phone to the USB it installed the drivers needed for USB connection and mass storage but without the media card you cannot access it. Hope it helps. Welcome to the Stacks.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 03-06-2008 at 01:30 PM.

lnExp no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Have a question about browsing all folders and file in 8100 by "my computer"

Cool! Thank you for your patience, and wonderful tips. I will keep reading the threads here which I believe it's very useful for newbies like me. Again, appreciate your help.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

i mapped my pearl to P:

royeiror no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208C2087
    Quote Originally Posted by anfrey View Post
    i mapped my pearl to P:
    heheh, good one

Also it could be that the new drive letter is there because the pearl acts like a card reader