there is an option in sms text for the 'confirm delete' prompt to not pop ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

meegs no está en línea Stack level 1

have to press 'send' about 4 times before text sends

Advertisement

there is an option in sms text for the 'confirm delete' prompt to not pop up when deleting messages, but i cannot find anything that would make the process of sending a text take any less than 3 clicks of the trackball.
    at least once a day i will text someone, which is a very familiar process for me, and i will come back to my phone any amount of time later, and see that the message screen is still on "send message" with "send" highlighted in the options. it takes too many clicks from the point of completing the text message to when it actually sends over the network.
    it is a mechanical problem only, and if there was the option to "send text at first press" (rather than prompting again, etc...) then i could avoid a lot of frustration. it is a very irritating feature, and for how advanced this phone's options are, i can't imagine the tedious select and send prompt is just something i have to deal with. any ideas at all?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: have to press 'send' about 4 times before text sends

I'm a bit confused, are you venting about a mechanical problem or how many times you have to click the trackball for it to send?

When I compose a Text it only takes me 2 clicks after done composing my text for it to send.
    One to click the trackball to bring up the menu
    Two to select the Send option.

Are you getting a send prompt? Totally confused now.

Maybe your trackball needs some cleaning?

meegs no está en línea Stack level 1

i am talking about the mechanical functioning of the proces of a text message to go through the steps it takes to send (basically want to turn off the feature of a "send" prompt, which is actually just a menu option it needs to go through, rather than an actual prompt like the "delete" function may be).
    maybe i'm just impatient or something. every other phone i've used i've been able to finish typing a message and press one button once (either the send button that is also used to send calls, or a select button that solely functions as send message when on the text message screen)...

it takes anywhere between 2 and 4ish clicks to actually get the message sent, and i have deliberately clicked and watched to make sure it's not just me not knowing how to press a button that is the problem!

it's possible that it has to go through the type/click/click/options/send/click process, but it seems like there should be a shortcut. i am not great at finding shortcuts.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I guess it will take some getting use to? I myself haven't really noticed this. When I first got my pearl it took a bit of a learning curve, but now I just fly through it. Never really bothered me, especially when carrying on a conversation with someone on SMS.

You know that if you are carrying on a SMS conversation with someone you can just hit the menu button and select Reply right?

Just remember this is a completely different device compared to a regular phone. Hopefully you get use to it. Maybe someone will come out with and app that has a shortcut for ya.

Maybe the BB isn't for you. I know the SideKick is more texting oriented. Not sure if you would care for it or not. I hope this doesn't discourage you, the pearl is an excellent device. Maybe the frustrations will subside.

Good Luck
    ~red