Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My trackball had a mind of its own after one month of use. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bwell2u no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Have I got a Virus?!?!??

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My trackball had a mind of its own after one month of use. Now I have another which is working just fine. Just get a new BB & always backup your info. =D>

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by rade
    Oh, btw... is there any way of reading your SMS messages from the backup file created while they are stored on your PC?
    There is a 3rd part app that will allow you to extract SMS messages from the backup file. It's called ABC Amber BlackBerry. You can find it using google.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by bwell2u
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My trackball had a mind of its own after one month of use. Now I have another which is working just fine. Just get a new BB & always backup your info. =D>
    Mine decided, after 8 weeks of use, to shut down right before I left for Spring Break weekend after I had to interrupt an OS upgrade. I got it back after I go back that weekend. However, 3 weeks later it shut down a second time but I couldn't save it that time.

anonymous no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Have I got a Virus?!?!??

I know it's an old thread but I wanted to chime in: my phone's been doing the Q, E, W trick for a day or so. I haven't dropped it (lately) or exposed it to water, but any movement of the pearl will cause the keyboard to type some combination of those two keys over and over.

Just to save someone else the trouble: it's a hardware fault. It's not dirt, oil, or dust caught in the keyboard. I've had mine apart ~6 times. I've blown it out using compressed air, I've tried with and without the keyboard installed, I've used electrical contact cleaner (as a last resort), and it's still an issue.

I even tried downgrading the OS (I'd installed 107) and to no effect.

(By the way, contact cleaner if it touches the rubber keyboard will disfigure it. It DOES return to its normal shape but I thought it was a goner for a moment.)

My BB's led a hard life and I've found some used ones on Craigslist so I'm just going to replace it.

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12