Oops, I originally posted this in the wrong (87xx) forum. Hopefully I'll get a response ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

verduinski no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Have a 1GB SD but still no OTA MP3???

Advertisement

Oops, I originally posted this in the wrong (87xx) forum. Hopefully I'll get a response here.

I know this is not a new topic, but I've been searching the archives for a while and none of the previous threads seems to have answered my question.

I have a T-Mobile Pearl with a 1GB Micro SD card that is working great. I've been able to load mp3's on the card and play them, and I have a stereo headset on the way from eBay. I don't have mass storage mode enabled and have had no problems with the media player as long as I load mp3s on my device thru the desktop manager.

Here's the deal--I'm a serious music junkie and download a dozen or so new mp3's a week from various indie music blogs. I would love to be able to do this OTA on my pearl. However, even though I have more than 900MB left on my sd card, I can't seem to download mp3s that are bigger than ringtone size. I don't know about you all, but one can only download so many JT ringtones before the novelty wears off.

I recall reading something about file download limit sizes. Any way to disable or edit this? Any other way around this issue, like a 3rd party app or something?

Thanks in advance,
    Timbo

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Have a 1GB SD but still no OTA MP3???

Its probably cause, when u download mp3s OTA it saves em on your phone instead of an SD Card. I aitn sure how to fix that cause I dont download music OTA. Lets see what others have to say

I wondered if that was the case, but I also have enough room in my phone mem for several mp3's...maybe it's a ram issue? (Do these things have ram, even?)

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Well u might have some room on your phone but the limit is set to 2.8MB and even if u have alot of room as long as its on your phone u can only download 2.8MBs.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The reason is that the BB limits the download file size for MP3s as a bandwidth issue I think. Your not going to be able to do it for now.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Hopefully the future update will change lots of things

OK, thanks folks. Do you think that an OS update in the future might resolve this, or is it a hardware or wireless service issue?