So I'm woundering if anyone has used them bluetooh GPS things with there Pearl yet ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ki
    ki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f76c42

Question Has anyone tryed the bluetooh GPS with there Pearl

Advertisement

So I'm woundering if anyone has used them bluetooh GPS things with there Pearl yet and how well it works. I'm debateing if i should get one or just wait tell the 8120 comes out. does anyone also know if you can use the GPS thats intergrated with the phone on a laptop thats what i guess i really want to know if you can then I'll just wait and get the new 8120 but if not i know i can use the Bluetooh GPS with a laptop.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Has anyone tryed the bluetooh GPS with there Pearl

My experience...

I have the pearl and i won a globalstat gps puck from blackberrycool dot com.

Before i had a navman bluetooth puck.

Anyway, my boss just got the 8800 from tmobile and is not thrilled with the gps. It appears that the gps on the 8800 can't be used inside buildings... my globalstat can.

BBmaps and google maps work flawlessly. I get about 8 satelites when i turn it on. I am synced and linked in about 2 seconds. From there you rely on the software. As per a hardware standpoint, i believe the seperate puck is faster, but having it built in is pretty damn cool as well.

I tend to use free software, the bbmaps and google do not redirect while you drive. You do move on the map.

If you have bluetooth on your laptop you should have no issue connecting the puck to that.

I love it.

I also connect my moto hf820 while connected the bluetooth gps.

LinkinX no está en línea Stack level 2

I was really wanting to do that to, sounds like his setup is really nice, how much did it cost you? Worth it?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ki
    ki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f76c42

thank you that really helps i think i will go with the bluetooh

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

It didn't cost me anything. I won the puck off of blackberrycool. It is very good when you are lost. I especially like how the bbmaps flashes cross streets in red on the screen.

munchkyn58 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the bt receiver and use telenav on my pearl, it is great especially when I take a wrong turn it takes maybe 10 sec and it re-routes. Plus I don't have to enter the when I am leaving from it has an option to where you can select "from origin" and it picks up your location. I would recommend it.
    alc