Handango is having a 25% all entertainment software sale, and I was thinking of trying ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

phonephetish no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone tried HollerID NameTones?

Advertisement

Handango is having a 25% all entertainment software sale, and I was thinking of trying this app. It's unlimited downloads for $20 for a year, and I'd really like to have the caller's names announced like my old LG phones used to do. I'm not willing to pay $20 but might be willing to try for the $15 sale price.

Has anyone tried this software and have an opinion on it? I read in the reviews that you can only assign a professional ringtone, which means there's only 4 choices?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

Re: Has anyone tried HollerID NameTones?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have not tried that program but as another option, visit http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php#top you can type in anything you want and it will let you download the sound file of the voice you choose. Best of all, it works from your BB and is free!

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874

yea i have tried this and its pretty cool 'if' the names you are looking for are in there.......the voices are pretty clear....what do you mean by 4 choices?

sharingheart777 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20877ce9

Hey can anyone help me find a software for blackberry pearl where it will read your email to you with voice like you can actually hear the message or email as its being read? any help would be much appreciated.. thanks

BLUEHEFNER no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperrin212 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have not tried that program but as another option, visit http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php#top you can type in anything you want and it will let you download the sound file of the voice you choose. Best of all, it works from your BB and is free!
    Pretty freakin cool... I'm on it!

phonephetish no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by kkwus74 View Post
    yea i have tried this and its pretty cool 'if' the names you are looking for are in there.......the voices are pretty clear....what do you mean by 4 choices?
    I decided to go ahead an purchase and it's okay. I'm glad I didn't pay $20 though. I did find all the names I needed, although one of them I had to find a different spelling for something that sounded pretty close. By 4 choices, I meant I thought it would let me select one of the 4 "BB Pro" ringtones that come preloaded on the BB. I personally like ringtone BB Pro #3. But turns out there is only a standard ringtone that is available on HollerID. You either pick that ringtone or no tone at all. It's the CTU ringer sound from the show "24". I don't like that tone, but I guess I don't have a choice. I did email Terratial and asked if they can add more selections for ringtones but they said it isn't likely they will do that anytime soon. I also suggested they add names like "Mom", "Dad", "Grandma" to the list of names and they said they are expecting to release an update soon that will add these types of names.

sharingheart777 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20877ce9

anyone know of any other cool blackberry sites where there are some more cool girly themes.. seems that there hasnt really been too many new themes made or posted or i am just clueless as to see the new ones.. lol
    -------
    does anyone know where to find am fm access radio for the curve? so i can listen to radio on my phone?
    Last edited by sharingheart777; 03-03-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Automerged.