what do i do!!!! do i upload the os again or what!!!!! holla and thank ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nica1298 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question What happen if ur blackberry pearl alwayz erase ur messages and phone log??

Advertisement

what do i do!!!! do i upload the os again or what!!!!! holla and thank u for ur time?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Sounds like you just need to clear up some memory. Go here and see if it helps.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 12-10-2008 at 07:23 PM.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes, definitely is a memory issue. What OS do you have on your BB? You might want to delete apps that you don't use to clear up some memory. Also, some OS (specially older versions of it had some memory leaking.. So you might want to check that out. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nica1298 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have 4.2 os!!! **** i dont even know how to update the os!!! plus im reading that da 4.5 os is causing a lil problem!!! so i dont know!! what to do!

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    OK - what happens is when your memory fills up your phone will start deleting things so it can continue to function.
    First of all, go to options, then status, and confirm that you are low on memory. Anything less than 4,000,000 is not good as a basic guide.

IF this is the case, the first thing tou want to do is remove your battery cover, pull your battery out, wait a few seconds, put your battery back in and your battery caver back on. Your phone will start up. After it starts up go back to options and status and you should see much more memory available (file free.). This is called "doing a battery pull.". Any time you start having issues, do this first.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    First thing to do is clear up your memory issue. Then if you feel comfortable upgradeing your operating system it should give you some extra memory and help you out. There are a few issues but most can be overcome and the more 4.5 operating systems that become official the fewer the issues.

Beyond the simple battery pull you can clear browser cache, clear your log files and delete any text,email or MMS messages that aren't important to you.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    With OS 4.2 you may need to do a batery pull every two or 3 days or so... At least that was my case. If you are not comfortable doing an OS upgrade, then check your memory status from time to time and follow all the recommendations listed above.
    Let us know if we can help you out in anything else. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~