Hopefully someone here will be able to help troubleshoot my problem. My speakerphone works fine, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pritnert no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E8E707

Handheld Speaker not working..pls help!

Advertisement

Hopefully someone here will be able to help troubleshoot my problem. My speakerphone works fine, the media player (using the same speaker, I am assuming) works great, and if I plug in my headset everything works fine. However, when I put the handset up to my ear I can hear nothing. If a call comes through you must either put them on speakerphone or connect a headset to hear them. The microphone is working fine as well. I just cannot figure out why the speaker inside the handset is not working. This just happened yesterday all of a sudden after a reboot. I tried multiple battery pulls and one time it came back on, but then it went back off after another restart and has yet to come back on. I cannot figure out if it a software conflict or a hardware issue. My gut feeling is a software issue, but I am not sure where to begin.

I have installed the new ATT OS and have checked the profile settings to make sure nothing was set too low in terms of volume or muted. I downgraded back to the Rodgers OS and had the same problem and have now upgraded back to the new ATT OS. My service provider was ATT/Cingular, but now is TMobile. I bought my Pearl in Dec. from Cingular so I am sure it is still under warranty, but would rather solve the problem than have to try and repair/replace it.

Any suggestions are certainly appreciated. Thanks guys.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Handheld Speaker not working..pls help!

I'm thinking it is a physical malfunction, not a software one (changing all the OS'es) and will need replacement
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Yogosun no está en línea Stack level 1

I dont mean to revive this dead topic, but Im just wondering if its possible that its a software malfunction... I revently updates my software and the problem started a little bit after that... The phone hasnt had any changed in enviroments or anything else that i can imagine could have caused this to happen...

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Welcome to Pinstack Yogosun,

Usually what fixes this issue is a battery pull. While the phone is on remove the battery and leave it out for 30 seconds. Replace the battery. Now on the other hand is this a software malfunction, I doubt it. I personally have never experienced this on any of my BB's. It very well could be a hardware failure.

lokoboy no está en línea Stack level 1

hey i have the exact same problem today!
    i've taken out the battery and nothing solved.
    please help

mutt7882 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey all, i had the same problem so i called tmobile and had them do some trouble shooting and nothing worked ,,, they ended up telling me that it is a common prob with the pearl! your pearl should still be under manufacture warranty so have them do a swap ! it didnt cost me a thing and on top of that they messed up and shipped two to me! their bad!!!! my gain! heheheheh

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Is anyone accidentally paired with a BT Headset? It seems sometimes this is why it has happened.