whats the big deal about upgrading to this. I got an email telling me that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

javi no está en línea Stack level 2

Handheld Software (

whats the big deal about upgrading to this. I got an email telling me that the new OS is available but whats the difference? Im affraid it will jack my phone up : (

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Handheld Software (

As a general rule, RIM does not release OS Upgrades to carriers that will "jack your phone up". I just installed the OS Upgrade on my bf's Pearl, and it works fine. As for differences.. I don't know, because he just got his pearl last night, and I upgraded it this morning and we didn't really "check it out" so to speak. And just remember, if you don't like the upgrade for whatever reason, you do have a back up (or should always do a back up before upgrading) to return to, should it be necessary.
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    Ask Me

Re: Handheld Software (

The one thing I have heard that people don't like about the upgrade is that you can not disable the automatic backlight.