The utility I installed on my phone didn't give me access to anything useful, took ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Russr42 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down Handango sucks.

Advertisement

The utility I installed on my phone didn't give me access to anything useful, took up half a meg. Yeah, that's better than a web site.

I tried Pearl Alerts, it broke jive talk and who knows what else at this point. In order to post a review on the web site you have to have purchased the software, you can't complain about bugs or price or, basically, say anything negative about the web site or software.

Just saying, I wouldn't trust any review on that site. (or ever fund them in any way). Now back to trying to get my pearl to work again. What fun.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Handango sucks.

um...did you try contacting the developer(s) of the apps in question? handango doesn't make their own apps and such, they just sell them...

what utility? and what does pearl alerts do? maybe its just a matter of changing a few settings?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

I agree with cherri, maybe if you could tell us more we could help you get the Pearl back in shape.

beamolite no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F73F86

I've downloaded several softwares from Handango and never had a problem.

staindone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F059B5
    Pearl alerts = old and buggy

Blackberry alerts = new and great

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

NP @ handango here, but he's right about the reviews..u have to buy 1st and u can't say anything negative.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Russr42 no está en línea Stack level 2

Sorry all, I was just feeling bitter. I'll try to keep my useless rants to myself from now on... I should have read some reviews elsewhere (that is, here) first. And my pearl is back in action without too much trouble. Reinstalled jivetalk, grabbed the service books and it's done.

Staindone, perhaps I'll try bbalerts soon. Too bad no one said that on the Handango reviews

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Like Cherri said, Handango doesn't make the apps, they just provide the site to developers. You might want to shop for apps through this site. Most, if not all, of the developers that post apps through here are available in the forums or by PM to help with any issues similar to what you've experienced.

With BB Apps, like anything else, you get what you (don't) pay for.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.