It's all my wife's fault--I'm sure of it. The night before, she asked me to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

Hamburger temporarily kills Pearl?!

Advertisement

It's all my wife's fault--I'm sure of it. The night before, she asked me to set a reminder in my Pearl to move the hamburger from the freezer to the fridge for dinner the next night. So the next morning, my Pearl buzzed, and the reminder "Hamburger" popped up on the screen. Then it crashed. Completely. I couldn't do anything with it.
    I was working in the yard at the time, so I took it in the house and pulled out the battery, sim card and memory card (overkill, I know) and laid them out on the table.
    An hour or so later, I went in and put it all back together. It took even longer than normal to boot up. As soon as it passed the security tests, "Hamburger" popped up on the screen again, and it crashed again.
    I was really busy that day, so I didn't have time to keep messing with it. I took it apart again, and tried it again after about half an hour. This time, "Hamburger" was gone, and everything seemed to be normal.
    But after a short while, it became unresponsive again. Everytime I pressed a button, it would type QWE or a variant repeatedly, or it wouldn't respond at all.
    I pulled the battery a few more times, but nothing would fix it for more than a few minutes.
    At this point, I was beginning to panic slightly. It had been a couple of weeks since I had backed up my info, and I was almost positive I would have to get a replacement, since it seemed like the keys were stuck or something.

I began to get cranky.

I began interrogating my kids: "Did you drop my phone? Were you messing with it?"

My family began watching me as if I were some sort of dangerous wild animal.

The next morning, everything was fine.

All I can say is, wtf? What happened, and how can I prevent it from happening again?

My advice: If you need to remind yourself to thaw the hamburger, do it on paper.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Hamburger temporarily kills Pearl?!

Most importantly did you forget to thaw the hamburger?

Best of luck with your BB.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I was going to ask about the hamburger too. Through all that, I never saw mention of the meat!

Glad to hear all is right again!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Quote Originally Posted by jason8888
    I was working in the yard at the time ...
    I had a 7130c that went bad when I was doing law work with it in my pocket. What most likely happend is that your BB got a little moisture in it (probably from sweat). When it dried, it worked again. The hamburger thing is a coincidence. Or maybe your freezer's haunted. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Most importantly did you forget to thaw the hamburger?

Best of luck with your BB.

How could you think of the hamburger at a time like this?

Yes, I thawed the hamburger--then we went out to eat. Who wants to cook after a long day of yard work?

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster
    I had a 7130c that went bad when I was doing law work with it in my pocket. What most likely happend is that your BB got a little moisture in it (probably from sweat). When it dried, it worked again. The hamburger thing is a coincidence. Or maybe your freezer's haunted. Who knows.

This happened before I really got into the yard work. I was just getting tools ready, etc., so I don't think it was from moisture or sweat.

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

meteor shower maybe? haha or maybe it just wanted to make damn sure you didn't forget about that hamburger...

if its working again i wouldnt worry too much about it, it was probably just a little piece of dust or a drop of water that found its way into exactly the right (wrong) place at exactly the right time,

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Perhaps your BB is a veggie? *SCNR*

Sure, make your jokes. Have your fun. But when it happens to you, you won't be so jovial, I can guarantee.

My wife says we're having hamburgers tonight. If my BB makes it through dinner, I think everything will be okay...

prodigee no está en línea Stack level 2

maybe your berry overheated from the sun?

Quote Originally Posted by prodigee
    maybe your berry overheated from the sun?
    It happened in the morning. It was still pretty cool outside.

We had our hamburgers last night, and my Pearl is still happy.

*Sigh*

I think my Pearl and I will just try to forget this ever happened and continue to work on our relationship.