After 4 months of heavy use, my Pearl started acting strange. For no apparent reason, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

my968 no está en línea Stack level 2

Had to replace Pearl, defective button

Advertisement

After 4 months of heavy use, my Pearl started acting strange. For no apparent reason, the camera would come on. I contacted TMO Blackberry support and we went through all of the logical fixes (which I had already done, prior to calling), but the camera still started up without reason. It turned out to be a mechanical/switch issue. Any slight pressure on the side of the case would trigger the camera. A replacement was sent out under warranty, which I recieved in 3 days.
    The new one is operating just fine and the backup worked great. The only thing that made the switch a bit longer was that all 3rd party software had to be reinstalled. Not a big deal.
    Has anyone else experienced this kind of failure?
    Thanks,
    dds911

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Had to replace Pearl, defective button

Quote Originally Posted by my968
    After 4 months of heavy use, my Pearl started acting strange. For no apparent reason, the camera would come on. I contacted TMO Blackberry support and we went through all of the logical fixes (which I had already done, prior to calling), but the camera still started up without reason. It turned out to be a mechanical/switch issue. Any slight pressure on the side of the case would trigger the camera. A replacement was sent out under warranty, which I recieved in 3 days.
    The new one is operating just fine and the backup worked great. The only thing that made the switch a bit longer was that all 3rd party software had to be reinstalled. Not a big deal.
    Has anyone else experienced this kind of failure?
    If i pushed on the case under the camera button it would "click" and change the profile to vibrate.

mathyoo no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Had to replace Pearl, defective button

I'm having that problem too, or at least something similar. Whenever I pull the phone out of the holster, the camera launches automatically, and sometimes it just launches by itself. I disabled the camera button and it stopped that. It feels like the camera button is stuck down or something. Is there any way to unstick it?