Hi guys ! is it possible that someone can hack into your blackberry ? A ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kayj no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Question Hack into your blackberry

Advertisement

Hi guys ! is it possible that someone can hack into your blackberry ? A couple of times i 've been on the net and all of a sudden i get an hour glass but my page is fully loaded and have to reboot to get rid of it ? Is it possible Kayj

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I'm sure anything is possible but I seriously doubt anyone is trying to hack your BB. You need to go to the "Close" option on all programs instead of just pushing your "end call" button to close an application. All of the stuff you have running uses up system resources and can create this problem. Hold down the ALT key and press the "back" arrow key, next to the end call button, and see what applications you have running in the background. Close the ones you have running, other than the phone, internet browser, etc., these you cannot close.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    ask me
    thanks i'll have a look at it now ..kayj

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    For somebody to hack a BlackBerry, it seems to me he would have to hack RIM's servers as well...and I should like to think they have taken due measures.

It helps that BBs run a proprietary OS, which is not (shudder!) Windows Mobile

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    A BB is very secure. There are very few ways a Blackberry can be compromised. Most of those involve the user giving away passwords or installing malicious programs and giving the programs permissions.

As far as the hourglass issue, KalebsDad78 is right, it's probably a free memory issue. There are more than a few threads on how to free up memory.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Hi Ben my memory is good have more than enough and I clear my cache regularly , thanks kayj

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Thanks gkast1 that's what I was wondering if rim had security

kashief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ always use the back arrow or select close from the menu. If u just hit the end button, that just like selecting hide from the menu screen...all those programs just keep running in the background slowing the phone down...just like being on a computer, if u have too many windows open, it slows down and sometimes things won't work right

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Thanks kashief I do that when I close but I'll be doing something and all of a sudden the hour glass pops up ? Kayj