Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

King is right. Why be a afraid, I know privacy and knowing that someone is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Re: HACK How?

Advertisement

King is right. Why be a afraid, I know privacy and knowing that someone is watching you. But I don't have any vital data on my BB. And the only thing I worry are phone calls. I know there's a lot of crazy people out there that don't use their knowledge for good!
    ~posted via opera mini~

molder101 no está en línea Stack level 1

Don't forget that blackberry's are used for a reason. There are plenty CEOs and top officials that use them. You can't say that the phone numbers (contacts), appointments, etc are not valuable. In fact, I'm sure there are those that would love to have that information. So while you shouldn't necessarily keep sensitive data (credit card #'s, banking info, etc), other data could be considered just as important. Blackberry's are the only (stand to be corrected) portable cellular device that can be "wipped" from a central location.

Example: a police officer is using a blackberry that has the phone number of an informant. If the phone is compromised, the data (numbers, etc) can be deleted so that the breach can be minimized. That's a pretty sweet feature.

As for wanting to see someone else's info (or vice-versa)... [next to] nothing is impossible these days... perhaps illegal, but not impossible. However, I'm sure most of such is beyond the scope of this thread and my knowledge.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Exactly molder! The encryption that RIM uses makes it virtually impossible (would take thousands of years) to crack. That's why the government uses them. The security requirements of the government are insane. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

KING_E no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305ccac0

@molder & moto

you guys are right for sure. but from the stand point of a "normal person" (non-government worker/ceo) it seems silly to me to keep exploitable info on a device that can fit in your pocket. i love my berry as much as the next addict, but sh*t happens and people are sheisty. the fact that someone could sell my berry on the street for a few bucks tells me its not worth it to keep credit card numbers, banking/paypal info, etc etc on it. i am in the music industry and have a few "valuable" contacts in it, but nobody who wouldn't understand "hey my blackberry was stolen". know what i mean?
    myspace.com/kingelam << go... you know you want to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12