Please advise whether and how to use 'groups' for customizing ringtones and pictures of multiple ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blockhead no está en línea Stack level 1

Grouping contacts

Advertisement

Please advise whether and how to use 'groups' for customizing ringtones and pictures of multiple contacts. I've created groups and added contacts in, but I cannot assign a custom ringtone and picture of these selections of contacts.
    May be 'groups' are not intended for this purpose?

[BB 8100, OS v.4.5]

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    I don't believe they were intended for that purpose, although I wish they were. Remember the BB was developed of businesses and emailing. So basically grouping was for composing an email and then select a group to send to.

You may want to suggest this to RIM. They do frequent PinStack maybe start a thread in here: Suggestions for RIM

OK 'groups' are for mails, but every basic phone does the job but BB has no such option?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I don't think so, you can set ringtones and pictures for a member of the group, but not the group itself.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Obviously that's my issue. Shame BBs are not capable of this (IMHO) simple feature .
    Last edited by blockhead; 07-30-2008 at 01:44 PM.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    What you can do is make an exception group. If you want, you can put the same group members that you had on that exception so it would ring different than the other ones.. Like my friend above mentioned before, group are intended for email purpose mostly, but exception are ment for ringtones. Hope it helps. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DiamondD2506 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *Ask*
    I was wondering about this same topic!! I've assigned groups but have not been able to assign a ringtone to each group....thanks for clearing this up!!
    *CLASSY, not TRASHY*

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    No prob. Just remember that you can create custom exception going into the profiles and in the advance option. That will work for creating custom ringtones for specific people. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Exactly that's my problem - in profile's advanced options I cannot assign group as an exception. I just cannot pick a group instead of single contact. When picking a group in 'Add name' nothing appears in 'from' field and respectively the exception does not work.
    Last edited by blockhead; 07-31-2008 at 03:13 AM.

I'd be grateful if anyone may confirm that his/her BB also cannot assign successfully a group as an exception in active profile ringtone ...