Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I hope everyone understands that there are costs associated with hosting that site, Bandwidth and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Great Site for Themes, Ringtones Etc.

Advertisement

I hope everyone understands that there are costs associated with hosting that site, Bandwidth and server space just ain't free, and SRL does spend time creating the themes he provides. And a lot of those are provided Free.

Thanks for everything Srl,

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I love the site and cp has helped me many times with ringtones. I can't say how much I appreciate the work that they provide for all of us!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dbldmd1
    Ouch!
    I guess I shouldn't have said I was disappointed. It doesn't appear anyone else is.
    I appreciate srl's response the most - for those that were offended, I apologize.
    Cherri - The theme I use, I created myself.

Again thanks to those who do understand and those who also help support or more importantly contribute to Mobile41.com.

I take no offense to your post. It has been asked many time before and i do understand. Rcbjr said it well and there is no need to repeat that part.

As for the 3 minutes? lol sometimes this is true, i have well over 1150 themes and there are only soooo many colors on the ol' wheel. As long as i stay organized i can often find a theme i have already made and simply change a few minor things and it posted as a new theme for someone who requested it. The important part of that is someone requested it on Pinstack and they are getting what they asked for in a very short time.

Placing a smile on a Stackers face or phone is very important and i hope this is why many people visit Pinstack.

Some of my themes do take many hours to make but after getting it done it's still worth it and of course saved for future use which turns into that 3 minute theme down the road.

I hope most enjoy and i'm always willing to adjust if someone asks.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Thanks srl7741 for the site, I didn't know that you were the one who made that site but thanks alot. I would probably be charging money too if I was asked to make all those themes. I wouldn't be able to make them near as fast as you so I'll leave the theme making and money making to the expert, LOL!! I am actually trying to make one theme for my pearl but it is taking forever because I'm making every little thing different and it takes a while to change the icons and stuff up all individually.

Thanks again and keep the theme making up. Also I have one question....Is the donation to buy a theme actually a donation or does the money go to you? Not trying to make you sound bad or anything, but I was just wondering.

Thanks in advance for the answer and the themes that I know you are working on,

COJO 24

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

That's amazing...1150 themes!!! Wow!! Are they all for the pearl or for other devices too?

COJO 24

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by dbldmd1
    I'm disappointed to see that srl has decided that:

*A donation is required for themes in RED. Any amount over $4 accepted.

Any theme that took more than 3 minutes to put together is in RED.
    SRL's got my total support. Trust me it is much much harder than u think and paying $4 would be my pleasure to get one of those. Of course I dont pay cause I make em my self

But anyway, u get the point!!

SRL, U're good!

dbldmd1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Peter, with all due respect, and I have quite a bit of respect for you and your contributions - you don't know me. As an IT Admin, and someone who has put together several themes I don't believe it's "harder than I think". Some of my themes have taken minutes and some have taken several hours over several days to create.

I was simply looking at themes that other's have created to spark idea's of my own and to find new things to try. When I went to SRL's website and saw "most" themes now require a donation, I was disappointed to see that. I totally understand SRL's position and may donate to the site because I respect his honesty and answer. I'm not likely to ever buy a theme, I don't see the point in downloading something and wishing it was just a little different in some way. I'll make my own.

What I did find out though, is that Stackers stick up for each other. What I didn't expect was to get kicked around like a soccer ball for having a thought and posting it, especially by Stack Pro's.

I guess it's time to move on, I have enjoyed most of my experience.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Altough you won't get any bb themes here, you can get tons of wallpapers, screensavers, ringtones, and themes for other phones. Most importantly, there are tons of 3gp videos! And they are all compatible with the Pearl. Http://www.mobile9.comThey don't charge for anything, as all content is user contributed. I get 90% of my wallpapers and tones here.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

What I did find out though, is that Stackers stick up for each other. What I didn't expect was to get kicked around like a soccer ball for having a thought and posting it, especially by Stack Pro's.
    We weren't really kicking you around, it's just that the way you phrased your thought was a little upsetting and we tried to explain why he felt it necessary to ask for a donation to cover the costs of supporting the host site.

I'm sorry you feel that we were jumping on you, it wasn't meant to upset you. And as an IT Admin, you should know that running a site like that is not free.

I hope you reconsider staying here on the Forums, I'm sure you could be of assistance and we really hate loosing participants.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12