So I bought my Blackberry Pearl a little over a month ago and while I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Andiechik1817 no está en línea Stack level 1

Gray keys don't work??

So I bought my Blackberry Pearl a little over a month ago and while I was cooking, the countertop got wet, which then got my phone wet- This happened within the thirty days of me being able to return it for a new one, BUT since I bought the phone from a retailer in another state, AT&T told me I had to go back to the original store to get a new one. Well as a college student, I don't have the time to drive all the way to the state where I bought the phone to get a new one and then I thought about calling the warranty department, but after reading about the liquid damage indicators I checked out my phone and the little white box on the INSIDE of the phone was still white, but my battery has a red strip on it that doesn't look smudged or anything- so anyways the weird thing is that only the gray keys used to write e-mails/text don't work- the call/end buttons work and the menu button works (which are all gray) and recently the right hand gray buttons started working- if I send my phone back given that the phone doesn't indicate it has water damage (unless the red bar on the battery says it does) can I get a new one?

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ask Me
    try taking apart the phone and put all the pieces in a sealed container with dry rice overnight. this may fix the problem on your buttons.

cubanjinx no está en línea Stack level 2
    try buying your phone close 2 home next time...itll avoid the problem :-P