hey guys i have another sort of noob question. i have an 8130 on verizon, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ronjohnonBB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3181F02F

gps question

Advertisement

hey guys i have another sort of noob question.

i have an 8130 on verizon, and it has the maps application. i didnt install the vz navigator on it because i dont pay for that monthly. i know the phone has gps, but verizon locked it down. i hit the maps application before just to see what happened, and it loaded up fine. do i pay for that now that ive done that? i have no data plan by the way. im really confused, is the maps program free? thanks

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Welcome to PinStack!
    I am assuming you are talking about your BlackBerry maps, built-in app.The GPS service is free for that, if it is working. If gps is currently enabled on you device, Kool, but if you power off, do an update, etc, you may lose it. So enjoy! My GPS was enable for a day or two, till I updated device...then I lost it. Some 3rd party apps, could require data plan for accessing things such as points of interest, etc. I don't know if BB Maps does, I do not use it. Hope this helps.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    I would be interested in knowing how you are operating on vzw with no data plan? Did the put up a fight?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ronjohnonBB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3181F02F
    thanks a lot jbee.

disctosser, there was no fight. no i had a garbage phone with verizon and i have unlimited messaging and unlimited in calling and nights and weekends a 900 regular minutes and i bought a pearl 8130 for verizon from a third party and i called up and i was like, hey i need to change my service from one phone to another cause i dropped this one in a hot tub adn the keyboard doesnt work and my friend gave me his old one to use, so they ask you for a code from the back of the phone, and after that its all good.