firstly sorry if this has ready been asked. I love my 8120 but would love ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

GPS on my 8120

Advertisement

firstly sorry if this has ready been asked.

I love my 8120 but would love this more if i could have everything that wifi offers and GPS.
    so my question is what equiptment do i need make my bb GPS enabled (needless to say the cheapest way) ?
    What satnav software is the best to use that has voice aswell as maps (UK) ?
    Does it eat into your battery life?
    and the biggest question is it worth it?

Thanks in advance

hpmcdonald no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't know what's available in the UK, but I bought a bluetooth GPS receiver from buygpsnow.com. Sometimes it's called a GPS "puck," I understand. Anyway, it cost me about $35-40 or so.

It can see the satellites in the sky and convey the GPS information to my 8120 via bluetooth. I use Blackberry Maps, it dosn't cost anything (assuming you have BB data), but it doesn't tell you when to turn either. Telenav does tell you when to turn, but there's a monthly fee.

With BB Maps,you can set the screen to stay on until the battery reaches 75%, or 50%, or 25%, so you can manage battery life, but it's such a bright screen, it does eat up some battery. Just make certain you have a car charger.

Hope that helps.

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Thanks for the information. That really helped. I'm doing to see what software is available in the uk that will work well on my BB.
    Thanks again

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~