In a nutshell, upgraded my 8100 to 8120. I was playing with my buddy's 8130 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

GPS On 8120

Advertisement

In a nutshell, upgraded my 8100 to 8120.

I was playing with my buddy's 8130 and was fooling around with his GPS, he had the option for refreshing satellites that my 8100 never had, because I figured the 8100 didn't have a built in GPS receiver. Makes sense, right?

Well the option is in my 8120! In settings>advanced options>GPS, it's there! GPS Data Source, GPS Services, GPS Location, and the option to refresh GPS in which it can scan for new satallites! All the same options the GPS 8130 has! What does that mean? Does the 8120 have a built in GPS or is this just a psych-out. I haven't successfuly scanned for new satellites yet, so I've had no way to test it yet.

Any ideas from the experts?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3
    No, you need a seperate GPS unit. I am using the Freedom 2000 keychain model, with TeleNav software--works great.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Hi Justyn, What vender did the 8120 come form? sometimes there are differances, Has he paired with a PUCK? The 8120 that TMO sells doesn't have a built in GPS, and the option you mentioned didn't show on our test one running v4.3.0.115.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    Hi Justyn, What vender did the 8120 come form? sometimes there are differances, Has he paired with a PUCK? The 8120 that TMO sells doesn't have a built in GPS, and the option you mentioned didn't show on our test one running v4.3.0.115.
    Bought it from T-Mobile. Got it the first day out, was at the store right when it opened!

Yeah I don't know... my OS is 4.3.0.115 and the option's there! Like I said, haven't successfully refreshed the satellite thing...
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Its wierd It has the option, I wonder if RIM Test paired it at some point, But that is why it wont find a GPS site is it doesn't have a built it one.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")