andreslds86 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: GPS I don't get it....

Advertisement

yah u need to use the internet, to get the gps going

GeneralMayhem no está en línea Stack level 2

MaryBethLowell no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ladydianab View Post
    seriously, I have looked in every forum and talked to lots of people. I have the pearl. love it! I want GPS though. I have the telenav icon on my phone and activated it. Pretty cool but it's not live nor does it have voice directions. My question is how do I get voice directions? Does the Curve have that feature? Do I need a "puck"? help.... thanks di
    Ladydianab - Mary Beth from TeleNav here. You must be using our TeleNav Maps service which does not require GPS and is a static maps service (like Google Maps). To get the complete TeleNav GPS Navigator service (with turn by turn voice and on-screen directions), you will need to use a GPS receiver. The good news is that we are running a special on a our web site right now. The GPS receiver is only $59 (normally $99). This does not include the subscription for the monthly service but is a good price for a receiver if you are interested. Thanks!

I didn't see the GPS reciever on the site. Can you provide a link?

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by MaryBethLowell View Post
    Ladydianab - Mary Beth from TeleNav here. You must be using our TeleNav Maps service which does not require GPS and is a static maps service (like Google Maps). To get the complete TeleNav GPS Navigator service (with turn by turn voice and on-screen directions), you will need to use a GPS receiver. The good news is that we are running a special on a our web site right now. The GPS receiver is only $59 (normally $99). This does not include the subscription for the monthly service but is a good price for a receiver if you are interested. Thanks!
    Funny you guys (at telenav) must have realized that most are just buying them off ebay for $30. Any bluetooth gps receiver (puck) should work (holux is what i use), but not sure about with telenav since i refuse to pay an extra $10 a month on top of my already "unlimited" data plan. You stackers may wanna check out mapquest navigator which is voice guided gps and free.

According to their own website, Mapquest Navigator is $4.99 a month, not free.

https://mapquestdtc.telmap.com/shopping.htm

ptrtwitch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BF543B

if its verizon: vz navigator

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralMayhem View Post
    According to their own website, Mapquest Navigator is $4.99 a month, not free.

https://mapquestdtc.telmap.com/shopping.htm
    yep your right...i just started it up on my phone and it's telling me to upgrade now. They must have just started that within the last couple weeks...sorry. I am in the process of checking out amAze now...if that doesn't work for me I guess I'll have to deal without voice (google,bbmaps) and the search will continue...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12