I'm excited that the new google maps have a "GPS" function. But how does it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thegallery no está en línea Stack level 2

GPS, Google Maps, Voice commands?

Advertisement

I'm excited that the new google maps have a "GPS" function. But how does it work? Will it scroll along and signal where my next turn is? Is it just visual or will it give tone or audio command?

Will it re-route if I make a wrong turn?

I'm not expecting it to replicate a real GPS navigation device, but I use the google maps now for directions, so if I could just get it to automatically tell me when the turn is coming that would be great, and save checking the odometer all the time and in some cases missing a turn entirely.

I also use a bluetooth speakerphone and I wonder if pairing a bluetooth gps receiver will be a conflict?

Lastly, any recommendations on cheap bluetooth gps receivers?

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

Re: GPS, Google Maps, Voice commands?

no google maps is just a version of google earth for mobile devices and it can also give you step by step direction to and from any location in the world...in order to use it's GPS functionality you will need a bluetooth enabled GPS puck...you can just google for those...also i believe you can use up to 2 devices at a time with the bluetooth on a 8100 so using an earpiece and a GPS should be doable

it's a great app and i use it daily without a GPS receiver...hope this helps

thegallery no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for the reply but I already use google maps all the time too. My question relates to what the functionality of google maps is after you get the bluetooth receiver? Does it act in any way like a car navigation device or does it simply give your location and nothing more?

Kriv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251239B6

For what you're after nav4all is a free download that does it all.

Google maps will show you your current position. It doesn't route plan as per normal sat nav. It does turn by turn.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~