I have a couple things to address here. One is there any way to activate ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shady7twenty4 no está en línea Stack level 2

gps and more

Advertisement

I have a couple things to address here. One is there any way to activate my gps? I have verizon and hate them for not letting me use it.
    Next I have been having trouble with my browser all around, but I can not get pinstack to work for me, What is the mobile address?
    Last I have a serious speed problem with my blackberry mainly when I am using the browser/menu but really anytime. I have used the memory cleaner as well as the alt lglg and clearing my logs. That seems to help but only temp. I have plenty of free file and I also make sure I never have other programs running. This all started not as soon as but after I upgraded from 4.3 to 4.5.077.
    O and to all you theme creators out there please check out my mario request in the 8130 theme section. Thanks to all that help with my problems!!

i use the launcher to go to pinstack and its still bringing up the desktop look. I know I downloaded the update for the launcher recently but mine looks nothing like the one here. I dont get it i need help..... lol maybe i will uninstall the launcher and re download, but i really think my problem is deeper then that

One more thing the only recently downloaded programs are themes and opera, becuase i am having so much trouble with the browser

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Alright, check in your browser options that your emulation mode is set to BlackBerry. It seems that the site is not recognizing you are on a mobile device and it isn't switching to wap mode.

Also, as far as GPS goes, sorry but you are pretty much out of luck. I say 'pretty much' for two reasons. You can either pony up the 10 bucks a month for vznavigator, which in my opinion is NOT worth it. Or you can do some searching here on the stacks and look for a thread where someone posted about filing an online complaint. I can't remember the website but I did it a while back and 24 hours later received a call from the home office and talked them into giving me 6 free months of vznavigator. But again, its not really worth the trouble.

I would recommend downloading google maps or buying a GPS puck and hooking that up with a free GPS program on your pearl.
    There are rumors that vzw will unlock GPS soon but I give that the same chance as a snowball in hades. Especially after them shutting down the wifi on the storm so they can continue to nickel and dime their customers to death.

That's my 2 cents.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thank you! I was set to IE emulation. And you are too right about vzw I love the customer service but other then that I hate them!

PIN/ID
    ask me!
    No problem. Glad I could help.

PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Also, make sure you have 'support javascript' deselected in your browser options. That should speed your phone up a bit and eleviate a lot of the hourglassing.