I am a new BB 8130 user and don't want to pay to use the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mrctmuri no está en línea Stack level 1

Gps

Advertisement

I am a new BB 8130 user and don't want to pay to use the GPS. Can anyone help me? I am looking for a free GPS program and instructions on how to install and use it. My service provider is Alltel. Thanks in advance (hopefully).

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    What do you want the application to do? Track your movements or Give you Voice Turn by turn navigation?

For tracking I use http://gpsed.com/

For navigation I just use google maps...if you want voice turn by turn try Nav4All

EDIT: I forgot though, I'm not sure if Alltel locks down your GPS or not. So I don't know if these will work for you. Also you will need a data plan to use these applications since they are data intensive.
    Last edited by reddog187; 08-08-2008 at 02:25 AM.

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    If they do lock out your GPS then you can get a Bluetooth pick and use that with Nav4all. That is a reliable service with really good turn by turn directions. Puck will run around $90. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok, I have a data plan and want to use GPS for navigation. Can you tell me how to get Nav4all to work on my 8130?

I guess what I want to know is, if I install the program to my phone will it just work, or will I have to go through a bunch of other settings changes and such?
    Last edited by mrctmuri; 08-09-2008 at 12:15 AM.

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    If your phone is locked out by Verizon, or doesn't have GPS, then you use the BT pick. Nav4all will work afte you connect the puck to your phone. You do have to go into your GPS settings and set it to the BT device. Works great after that. Google maps works good until you get a pick but no turn by turn directions. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thanks for the help...I think I can get it to work.