Hey, When I use Beyond 411 and search for anything near my GPS location it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cgreene15 no está en línea Stack level 1

Gps

Advertisement

Hey,
    When I use Beyond 411 and search for anything near my GPS location it always gives me things near Seattle WA, and Im in North Carolina. Any advice?

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I don't know if you already did this but when you go into 411 click on the Menu Button (it's the button with the dots)>Edit Settings> then you can change your address there and click save at the bottom. Hope this helps.

cgreene15 no está en línea Stack level 1
    yea I can enter my address and then have it search for things near my address, but isn't it supposed to locate you using GPS and search for things near your GPS location?

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Sorry cgreen, I was away from the computer for a while. The answer to your question is I believe so. The only other advice I could give is to reinstall Beyond 411 and see if that solves the problem-if you haven't already done this. Good luck

rickstertoo no está en línea Stack level 1

Is GPS Enabled?

You did not mention your service provider. Verizon disables GPS except for location reporting (e.g. when you call 911). If you check your settings you will probably find, as I did, that no GPS device is installed. I don't know a workaround.

Rick

squirlzmm07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com
    So with Verizon you can't use it? Darn
    )~

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Google maps will give you an estimated triangulation based on cell towers. It is pretty accurate to an extent. I use it and really like it. If I am on a shoot in a different city (like today) I don't have to worry about it finding locations in Knoxville. You might try it instead.