Hi everyone, I just bought a second hand BB 8100, because I want to try ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pcpeters no está en línea Stack level 1

GPRS data traffic

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I just bought a second hand BB 8100, because I want to try if the BB works for me. I don't have a data plan yet, so I don't want to use any form of data traffic yet. And because the use of data traffic without a plan is really expensive in the Netherlands, I want to prevent the BB from searching for connections. Of course, I do want to use my phone for calling and SMS. Therefore, I decided to set the phone to 'no connection when roaming' (or something like that). I think this should work, but in the right top corner, it still says 'GPRS', and not GSM. Is my BB using data traffic? And if so, how do I set it to GSM? Hopefully you can help me, because I don't want to be surprised by a huge bill in the end of the month.

Thank you all very much!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Lower case gsm or gprs indicate no data connection. They must be upper case GSM or GPRS (or EDGE) to be a data connection.

If you're running a recent OS (4.2?), under Options --> Security Settings --> Firewall you can block all incoming data traffice (SMS, MMS, PIN, BIS) just to be sure!
    JerryD

lithic no está en línea Stack level 1
    You can also go into Options-->Mobile Network-->Data Services (change from ON to OFF) I beleive.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    doing both above no way for Data to come in or out.... ok out is up to you...