Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good evening everyone, I just wanted to share my first thoughts on my newly purchased ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Davidcm2112 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305671C6

Got the flip earlier today

Advertisement

Good evening everyone, I just wanted to share my first thoughts on my newly purchased flip. I should start by saying that I have been using an old 7105T for the last two years or so. I desperately wanted to update to a newer model and was offered a very good deal on a new flip.

Needless to say I was a bit doubtful since I had never even used the trackball on a bbery, I was still rocking the old side wheel.

I should also note that I am a pretty big guy, 6'6, and 260 pounds. I didn't know much about the flip and thought it might be too small for me.

Once I got the box open and spent some time with it I knew that everything was goind to work out just fine. The keys are much larger than my old 7105 and the suretype is years ahead of the older model. I can comfortably hold the device in both hands and use both of my huge thumgs with no problem.

The screen is big, very bright and glorious. I watched the pre-installed music video and could not believe how far ahead the new models are compared to my archaic device that i had been using.

The UI is lightning quick and so far I have not seen the dreaded hourglass symbol. I downloaded Viingo, Pocket Express and Facebook with no problems. They all work well and I have not complaints. I really like how the picture of the person who sent you a message from facebook pops up on the exterior screen.

This is a very slick device and I encourage those who may have been hesitant to go to a Tmobile store and play with it. See for yourself that this has the stuff that you are looking for.

As for build, it is very light. All the weight is in the exterior flip. I have read some posts stating that the battery cover was poorly made and cheap. I think that the plastic is fine and should work out well with normal every day use. I would have preferred a metal back but I plan on buying a custom fitting case as soon as they come out.

Anyways, I don't want to ramble on any longer so if you have any questions, please let me know.

Have a good evening.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Glad you like it.

I wish my facebook would send alerts to my phone... But that is for another post.

Have fun with your Pearl.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Glad you like it.

I wish my facebook would send alerts to my phone... But that is for another post.

Have fun with your Pearl.
    Lol so true , but congratz on the new pearl , I'm using the pearl 8130 and when I get an upgrade , I'm going for the flip because I like the size , not near the phonebook size like the bold so , lol . Have you tried the wifi ?

PIN/ID
    305671C6
    I have tried the Wi-fi. I used the set up wizard and it found my router with no problems. It works like a charm.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yep loving mine too. Congrats on your purchase!

claykin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Works like a charm until you try to transition from UMA (wifi) to cellular while on a call. You'll likely drop 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidcm2112 View Post
    I have tried the Wi-fi. I used the set up wizard and it found my router with no problems. It works like a charm.

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    I haven't had that problem, but I think I have been going the other way... Cell network to uma when I get home from work and I'm on the phone... Also when I am at home and calling form UMA I have absolutely no problems at all.

Ooops I forgot.... Congrats on the flip! I am loving mine also!

PIN/ID
    305671C6
    Haven't had that problem yet. It transitioned pretty easily this morning while I was making several calls. The only thing that I have had a problem with so far is that the phone stopped recognizing the memory card for some reason. A simple battery pull resolved the issue however.

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    Yeah I'm still all hyped about getting a pearl flip . What OS does it come with ?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

it comes with 4.6... tmo came with .151 which was ok, but I dl'ed the official rogers .174 as others have here and had much better results (smoother, faster, not hourglass etc)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by zantopad View Post
    it comes with 4.6... tmo came with .151 which was ok, but I dl'ed the official rogers .174 as others have here and had much better results (smoother, faster, not hourglass etc)
    yep the rogers release was pretty amazing and still is.

PIN/ID
    305671C6
    I haven't had any problem with the hourglass yet. Should I update the OS to the Rogers or just stay with the one it came with since I haven't had any problems?

claykin no está en línea Stack level 2
    No problem transitioning from Cellular to UMA. Also UMA works great. The problem is when you try to transition a call from UMA back to cellular. Maybe its an issue with TMobile's network in South Florida but it drops 90% of the time. I've tried it in several locations all with different routers (even tried the TMo Linksys with no better results).
    Quote Originally Posted by zantopad View Post
    I haven't had that problem, but I think I have been going the other way... Cell network to uma when I get home from work and I'm on the phone... Also when I am at home and calling form UMA I have absolutely no problems at all.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Did you upgrade to the Rogers os? Because UMA on rogers works flawlessly both ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast