Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

hi all, here's my first post .. i plan to get the 8100 pearl when ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

g12
    g12 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Got my Hands on a pearl

Advertisement

hi all, here's my first post .. i plan to get the 8100 pearl when it comes out on the 18th (ditching my treo650)

one quick question-- can someone post some pics of the organizer functionality, or comment about the organizer/PDA aspect of the blackberry? I do like the PDA capabilities of my Treo, but wondering how BB's PDA functions compare.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

g12,
    welcome to the stacks! While the PDS/Calendar functions with the Blackberry are good, I would say not quite as good as the Treo. However, they are more than sufficient for 95% of the users, myself included. I have nearly 400 contacts in my BB, and have no issues. Now I just enter then general info, no birthdays, wifes name, etc, that some people need. I'm sure it's getting better, however the push email, and device stability are the true advantages the BB has. The new multimedia features are a toss up at this point, but I'm betting on BB. From what I've seen from this phone, the camera is good, the microSD is secure. Not sure about the mp3 and video, I havent really investigated this much.
    Hope this helps you out, and again welcome!
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Welcome G12! If you need any help, just ask! The 8100 is great, trust me!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Dangit Doobs!!! I told you not to feed the Crackberry in me!! The shakes suck! =)
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

g12
    g12 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for the info, appreciate it! I will be stopping by a Tmo dealer tomorrow to play with the PDA functions (datebook, appointments, contacts) on an 8700g, assuming they will be similar to the PDA functions in the upcoming pearl. For me, the biggest strength of the Treo is the datebook and contacts functions (very intuitive, easy to use, fast) and I just hope the BB PDA areas arent too far behind.. the pearl looks great though and I cant wait to get my hands on one!

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    g12,
    welcome to the stacks! While the PDS/Calendar functions with the Blackberry are good, I would say not quite as good as the Treo. However, they are more than sufficient for 95% of the users, myself included. I have nearly 400 contacts in my BB, and have no issues. Now I just enter then general info, no birthdays, wifes name, etc, that some people need. I'm sure it's getting better, however the push email, and device stability are the true advantages the BB has. The new multimedia features are a toss up at this point, but I'm betting on BB. From what I've seen from this phone, the camera is good, the microSD is secure. Not sure about the mp3 and video, I havent really investigated this much.
    Hope this helps you out, and again welcome!

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

welcome g12! Hope you enjoy your stay here. I don't have any pics of the PIM functions to offer but hope you get to play with one. I don't think you'll ever put it back down :-)
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123