The phone was ordered from 1shopwireless.com, so activation is set for tomorrow, so no phone/data ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

got my 8100 today! Quick review

Advertisement

The phone was ordered from 1shopwireless.com, so activation is set for tomorrow, so no phone/data stuff yet.

Quick review:

DAMN the phone is small. I thought the 7130c was small, but this thing is flatter and smaller than that. I actually think it is too small, because i tried typing some stuff and the keys aren't as nicely placed/separated as the 7130c. The keys are actually slightly bigger than the 7130c, but the spacing is not as ideal.

I need to get used to the trackball. I wish it had a little more resistance, like the scroll wheel, but I guess i'll get used to it. I feel a slight "edge" when I scroll to the left...my thumb is getting caught on the edge of the blackberry menu button (next to the green call button). Pushing the trackball down is going to take some getting used to too...it's a little too "floppy".

The buttons seem very flimsy compared to the 7130c, but again it's probably due to the spacing.

And fingerprints everywhere :cry: . I have the clear-skin on order as well as a clip from seido.

In conclusion, if they just incorporated the design of the 8100 into something the size of the 7130c, but just flatter, I think that would have been ideal. But you take what you can get, and I'll take the 8100.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: got my 8100 today! Quick review

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Nice comments Deeno, I agree with the fingerprints!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks for your input. I really like the pearl, even how small it is doesnt bother me.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welcome to the bb world!

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

The size is what attracted me to the Pearl. I am a first time BB user and the only reason I avoided the prior BB was the form factor. I'm glad I waited and I have the black skin on and it works great for the fingerprint issue, BTW...and with the skin on, it's still pretty small...lovin' every minute of it.

boarder5374 no está en línea Stack level 1

You will be surprised at how quick you get used to the trackball and the keys. It goes clumsily at first but once you are going, you can type just as fast (if not faster) than a full function QWERTY keyboard where the keys are microscopic in size (yes I am talking to you Treo and Q).

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

The BestSkins Ever skin will eliminate the fingerprint issue as well without adding taking away from the form factor of the device. I haven't used a rubber/silicon skin with it but in my previous experience with them, they make it difficult to take in and out of a pocket. Especially when wearing tighter jeans. I am putting the BestSkins Ever products on every one of my devices that I can get one for.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

Yazaaab no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus
    The size is what attracted me to the Pearl. I am a first time BB user and the only reason I avoided the prior BB was the form factor. I'm glad I waited and I have the black skin on and it works great for the fingerprint issue, BTW...and with the skin on, it's still pretty small...lovin' every minute of it.
    Where did you get the Black skin?

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

I already have the bestskins on order...just waiting for it to arrive, along with the seido clip and my memory card and seido clip.

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I thinking that clip is looking good too. Not so worried about the open back with my Bestskin on there.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    The BestSkins Ever skin will eliminate the fingerprint issue as well without adding taking away from the form factor of the device. I haven't used a rubber/silicon skin with it but in my previous experience with them, they make it difficult to take in and out of a pocket. Especially when wearing tighter jeans. I am putting the BestSkins Ever products on every one of my devices that I can get one for.