Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Good question! I'd like to know that too. I'm having a hard time completely giving ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

Good question! I'd like to know that too. I'm having a hard time completely giving up my 8120, already loving the 8220 and want either the Bold, Storm or Javelin in the near future. :-) I'm on BIS if that matters.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    hmm then youre gonna be able to help me.
    Im using only my Bold at the moment and ive never really switched devices on day to day basis i usually just pick a new one to use for a while.
    Now with the flip i intend to switch between the 8220 and the bold quite often meaning ill use the same sim card.
    Do i have to do the "switch device" option on the DM to get all my stuff up to date when i first get my 8220 (i assume so) ?
    And now the more tricky question : do i have to, everytime i switch my SIM into the new device, go into my BIS website and click the "switch device" and "resend service books" option there aswel ?

thanks for the help im good with the devices but still a while to learn about BIS/BES lol
    I'm a sim swapping fool.........
    Truth be told there are times when I a swap sims two or three times in a single day. In fact I'm made up a small sim swapping kit. It contains a very small selection of tools to assist in removing sims from some of my devices that have hard to remove sim locations. I also carry a small roll of scotch tape to use as a grippy "tab" applied to the sim to pull it out of it's socket.

I'm currently using 2 lines and swapping sims between 6 different Blackberry's at various times during the week or even in one day. I like to have variety and choices and therefore I choose to carry between 4 & 6 phones with me in my laptop bag. I always carry two BB's then whatever else I'm testing like an the latest in smart phones from Nokia, HTC, Sony Ericsson, Moto, Openmoko, LG, Pantech, Samsung, Sharp, Eten, etc.

I do not use the switch to device option as I've been using multiple BB's on one sim, far before the "switch device" option was available. When your new BB arrives you simply install your sim, the service books will be pushed out and you no longer have to do anything as the service books stay with you BB unless there is problem or they have become corrupted which is rare. It will automatically register the new BB on the BIS, and then you can move your information into it. I use MS Outlook for everything, calendar, tasks, contacts, memos. So when I switch I simply connect the BB via USB to my laptop and do a sync. That loads it with all my data. Then I go out and use it, when I'm done, I perform a sync with my laptop and I'm done. Remove the sim and put it in the next phone, do a sync with my laptop and I"m ready. Total time 3 minutes to change phones.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Truth be told there are times when I a swap sims two or three times in a single day. In fact I'm made up a small sim swapping kit. It contains a very small selection of tools to assist in removing sims from some of my devices that have hard to remove sim locations. I also carry a small roll of scotch tape to use as a grippy "tab" applied to the sim to pull it out of it's socket.

I'm currently using 2 lines and swapping sims between 6 different Blackberry's at various times during the week or even in one day. I like to have variety and choices and therefore I choose to carry between 4 & 6 phones with me in my laptop bag. I always carry two BB's then whatever else I'm testing like an the latest in smart phones from Nokia, HTC, Sony Ericsson, Moto, Openmoko, LG, Pantech, Samsung, Sharp, Eten, etc.

I do not use the switch to device option as I've been using multiple BB's on one sim, far before the "switch device" option was available. When your new BB arrives you simply install your sim, the service books will be pushed out and you no longer have to do anything as the service books stay with you BB unless there is problem or they have become corrupted which is rare. It will automatically register the new BB on the BIS, and then you can move your information into it. I use MS Outlook for everything, calendar, tasks, contacts, memos. So when I switch I simply connect the BB via USB to my laptop and do a sync. That loads it with all my data. Then I go out and use it, when I'm done, I perform a sync with my laptop and I'm done. Remove the sim and put it in the next phone, do a sync with my laptop and I"m ready. Total time 3 minutes to change phones.
    Oh ok i see good to know! thanks archer always of great help!
    cant wait for rogers to release the 8220 lol.
    Word from head office: it was supposed to be out in retail stores this monday but apparently rim pushed it back.
    Statement that made me smile : "Its a matter of days now as it is ready to launch".

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Got mine all black also.

Quote Originally Posted by jhall1986 View Post
    Got mine all black also.
    Congrats man, enjoy that baby!

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post

WoooooW, 6 fones. Im annoyed of caring two fones, but 4-6. thats just insane lol
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    just insane lol
    That would be me.... and yeah, I must admit it can be a .... well you get the picture...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoglinsgal View Post
    Mine will be here Thursday. I wanted the rose/burgundy color, but it won't be released until the 23rd and I'm impatient!

I will be getting the black/black color when I am able to. I don't like the rose/burgundy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234