Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

thanks to you fine folks, I just ordered mine today. I was really leery about ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chaos9 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

thanks to you fine folks, I just ordered mine today. I was really leery about giving up the qwerty on my Curve again, but I'm ready for something new.
    PIN: 21045122

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos9 View Post
    thanks to you fine folks, I just ordered mine today. I was really leery about giving up the qwerty on my Curve again, but I'm ready for something new.
    Congratulations!

Take it from me, you will really enjoy the keyboard and Sure-Type. I have both kinds of keyboards as I use a Curve and a Pearl, I really like Sure-Type. Also the key size and tactile feedback on the 8220 is fantastic. I will be getting one soon, and there is no question in my mind this is a great model. The one bit of advice I would offer is to go slow when learning Sure-Type, be deliberate with your input until you adjust to it. If you employ a slow and easy approach at the beginning before you know it you will be shocked at how fast & accurate you are. Also what is often overlooked is that each time RIM comes out with a new model or minor upgrade like from the 8100 series Pearl to the 8110 or 8120 minor upgrades, they also improve the software for Sure-Type. I began with a 7130c model, and the improvement in the Sure-Type software in that model vs the 8220 is amazing. Once you get your phone be sure to give us a report with your intial impressions. I'm sure everyone will be eager to hear from you.

Cheers!

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Without a doubt blackberry is coming out with really exciting phones.. The flip is just wonderful from what I hear.. I'm sure the other models to come are as great. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carter View Post
    Without a doubt blackberry is coming out with really exciting phones.. The flip is just wonderful from what I hear.. I'm sure the other models to come are as great. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You are right on the money... the new BlackBerrys are terrific!

In typical RIM fashion, each model has an array of very useful features and will be a rock solid device. RIM has a great group of designers, engineers and support people that work together in a way unlike most other manufactures of smartphones. Believe me, I've tried and continue to try them all with operating systems like WM, Symbian, Linux, OS X, et al. Nothing, but nothing comes remotely close to RIM when it comes to a total package that will serve all your mobile communications needs.

Cheers

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    I bought one last night at a local T-Mo store.

Got to play with it a little today. So far it seems like a decent little phone. I like the flip factor on it.

I am not a sure-type fan, as I like a full QWERTY board because I pound out alot of emails on my devices, but for quick and dirty this will work out fine. Keys are large and spaced well. OS is pretty smooth on it.

Been having trouble transferring info from my 8800 over to it, but I'll work on it some more tomorrow.

I do like the idea that I can truly slip this in my pocket and not worry about it calling somebody inadvertently or typing out messages.

My only complaint so far is that the device as a whole feels rather "cheap and plasticky"

The one thing I do like is that I can now seperate work emails from personal and use two devices. 8800 for work, 8220 for personal (that I can slip in my pocket) and still carry my obligatory work Nextel (primarily voice) phone.

I am hoping that this will render HTML emails. Don't remember if T-mobile activated 2.5 BIS upgrades when everybody else did or not?

BTW...this is replacing my Moto Razr V8 that was personal line as I used it primarily for communications between my boss (wife) and I. Alot lighter but not as sturdy feeling as the RAZR. Very close to the same size except that it is thicker than the RAZR.

Will update more as I go along and play with it some more.

Unfortunately no holsters or pouches are available for it yet.

It does have a status light for anybody that was wondering which I think is an have to have feature because I normally leave my message notifications on "mute/silent" so I don't suffer the afflication of grabbing the device when I am off working or doing something and getting distracted.

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'll never be able to find it now but just a day or so ago I read a review of the 8220 and saw a picture of what seemed to be an OEM case. I was thrilled to see the metal BB tag on the case tongue (for my Curve case anyway) had been replaced by a classy embossed BB logo, like on the back of the Flip.

That damn metal BB tag scratched my Curve screen soon after I got it when the tongue slipped inside the case as I was putting away the Curve. Terrible design. I am glad it was corrected. I yanked mine off with a pair of pliers.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Thompson View Post
    Unfortunately no holsters or pouches are available for it yet.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    even tho it has sure type, i still use miltitap on mine....
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

Let me offer a suggestion for those of you who just got one & are frustrated by SureType. I felt the same way when I got my 1st BlackBerry. In fact I hated it so bad I almost returned it for another phone altogether. But then I decided if others liked it, I could learn to take a different approach & not let it frustrate me. I slowed way down, took my time & ended up learning it really quickly. Now even though I have BlackBerrys with both types of keyboards & I still love SureType. Once you get the hang of it, you really like it because it is really fast & accurate.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    cant wait to get my hands on the 8220 i finally officially decided that my lineup will be Bold+8220. I thought of selling my Bold and go for 8900+8220 but i cant pass on 3G completely.
    Kickstart will be my days off blackberry and nightlife blackberry and the bold will stay my workdays companion 3G does help me a lot

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    i finally officially decided that my lineup will be Bold+8220
    I believe you will have the perfect combination. After using my 8220 & putting it through its paces, I give this models thumbs up. I lowered my expectations only to find out I didn't need to, this is a first class BlackBerry. Some claim it's plasticky. My take after very close scrunity is that is only because it's very light. The materials used are of very high quality, fit & finish are exemplary, and the phone is very well balanced both open & closed. I can type 2x faster than any of my prior SureType BlackBerrys, due to the larger keypad, the nicely improved SureType software & terrific tactile feedback.

Now I must bite the bullet & continue to wait for AT&T to release the Bold, so I can try the keyboard. I will be thrilled if it works for me as I will certainly benefit from 3G.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I believe you will have the perfect combination. After using my 8220 & putting it through its paces, I give this models thumbs up. I lowered my expectations only to find out I didn't need to, this is a first class BlackBerry. Some claim it's plasticky. My take after very close scrunity is that is only because it's very light. The materials used are of very high quality, fit & finish are exemplary, and the phone is very well balanced both open & closed. I can type 2x faster than any of my prior SureType BlackBerrys, due to the larger keypad, the nicely improved SureType software & terrific tactile feedback.

Now I must bite the bullet & continue to wait for AT&T to release the Bold, so I can try the keyboard. I will be thrilled if it works for me as I will certainly benefit from 3G.
    alright hold up, so u got the 8220 ? and your ordered your G1 ? and youre waiting for the bold/javelin ?
    Archer my friend i should introduce you to my beloved one shes starting to think im the only crazy one out there !!
    hahaha

alright hold up, so u got the 8220 ? and your ordered your G1 ? and you're waiting for the bold/javelin ?
    Archer my friend i should introduce you to my beloved one shes starting to think im the only crazy one out there !!
    hahaha
    Hi my name is Archer, and I'm cross - addicted to BlackBerrys & ThinkPads. Sadly it's too late for me, as I have every model of each of these in what has developed into a very comprehensive collection / museum. There's no turning back now, I will never recover. Be glad you're not as sick as I am...
    sent via what? a BlackBerry! ...

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    cant wait to get my hands on the 8220 i finally officially decided that my lineup will be Bold+8220. I thought of selling my Bold and go for 8900+8220 but i cant pass on 3G completely.
    Kickstart will be my days off blackberry and nightlife blackberry and the bold will stay my workdays companion 3G does help me a lot
    Thats the same thing im doing, Bold for day, 8220 for da night amd im using ma curve for the weekends
    Last edited by mac14x; 10-17-2008 at 10:39 AM.
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Hi my name is Archer, and I'm cross - addicted to BlackBerrys & ThinkPads. Sadly it's too late for me, as I have every model of each of these in what has developed into a very comprehensive collection / museum. There's no turning back now, I will never recover. Be glad you're not as sick as I am...
    sent via what? a BlackBerry! ...
    oh if only you knew ... over one year gone thru : Macbook Pro, iMac, MacBook Air and now the new MacBook just waiting for it to hit the stores ... iPod nano, iPod Touch, iPod nano 4G, iPod Touch 2G ...
    As far as BB : Curve 8310, Pearl 8100, Bold and waiting for the flip ...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    Thats the same thing im doing, Bold for day, 8220 for da night amd im using ma curve for the weekends
    hmm then youre gonna be able to help me.
    Im using only my Bold at the moment and ive never really switched devices on day to day basis i usually just pick a new one to use for a while.
    Now with the flip i intend to switch between the 8220 and the bold quite often meaning ill use the same sim card.
    Do i have to do the "switch device" option on the DM to get all my stuff up to date when i first get my 8220 (i assume so) ?
    And now the more tricky question : do i have to, everytime i switch my SIM into the new device, go into my BIS website and click the "switch device" and "resend service books" option there aswel ?

thanks for the help im good with the devices but still a while to learn about BIS/BES lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast