Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I THINK I GOT IT! Use Media Manager to transfer the files only (No folders.) ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Advertisement

I THINK I GOT IT! Use Media Manager to transfer the files only (No folders.)
    Media Manager recognizes transferable pics and protected pics. Maybe it's an issue that some pics on your Berry is protected???

But this is the solution guys...
    1. Back up Media onto computer
    2. Install DM that comes with 8120
    3. Connect Berry and transfer files only (no folders), transfer only the ones that can actually be displayed by MEdia Manager.
    4. Count 17 green LED flashes. If it can pass 17 it won't reboot. (Don't ask me how I know this, it's not like I counted last night or anything!)

Finally, I can bust out my fav wallpapers!!!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    so has anyone had this issue with a BRAND NEW card? im wondering what to do BEFORE all this so I don't run into any issues. maybe a brand new card? (they are sooo cheap now )

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'll let you know wheni get my 8 gig.

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    mine will be in on friday!!!! Looks like i'm buying a new card before all this mess!!!!
    All's Fair in Love and TAGGING!!!

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I think you'll be fine with old card. Now that we know to backup stuff from card, reformat card on new BB and don't transfer folders back over! Although I am curious to hear how it goes with a new card. I'm also looking forward to hearing if the 8GB card works as that's next on my wish list.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by gritsinct; 04-16-2008 at 01:57 PM.

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    eh, i want a bigger one anyway!!! and like Cherri said they are CHEAP right now!!
    All's Fair in Love and TAGGING!!!

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im very disappointed right now! AT&T said the new os would enable simaltanious voice and data. A fellow stacker confirmed it on his 8120. Just tried testing that and my berry told me to end the call before I could access the web. I sad!

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Only 3g devices have those capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im very disappointed eight now! AT&T said the new os would enable simaltanious voice and data. A fellow stacker confirmed it on his 8120. Just tried testing that and my berry told me to end the call before I could access the web. I sad!

PIN/ID
    ATA
    well, i can confirm that a NEW SD card will work without issues. i placed it in the bb, went to media card/format and formatted. been an hour or so with no reset. of course, i haven't tried to move anything on to it yet

the SIM isn't provisioned. did you get a new card with yours? a 3G? or did you just switch SIM's? im curious as to whether it needs the 3G card or i can just put his card in tonight when he gets home. i can't seem to get the SIM out that they put in, so I'm kinda stuck for now. any hints getting this baby out?

once i register the PIN, i'll test some calls/data for you too

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by untjoker View Post
    Only 3g devices have those capabilities
    well, that right there may answer my 3G sim card question. they sent a new 3g card with it. (he is still using his old pearl at work, i bought this one as a surprise)

now...i can't register the PIN and such until he gets home, right? or will he get emails on both devices? i feel like such a newb!

I had to use a knife to get my Sim out haha as far as voice and data at the same time it will work on wifi but not on edge

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    well, i can confirm that a NEW SD card will work without issues. i placed it in the bb, went to media card/format and formatted. been an hour or so with no reset. of course, i haven't tried to move anything on to it yet

the SIM isn't provisioned. did you get a new card with yours? a 3G? or did you just switch SIM's? im curious as to whether it needs the 3G card or i can just put his card in tonight when he gets home. i can't seem to get the SIM out that they put in, so I'm kinda stuck for now. any hints getting this baby out?

once i register the PIN, i'll test some calls/data for you too

He won't get emails on both. But make sure to send service books to new phone.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    if i send books to new phone, will that automatically stop sending emails to his old pearl? i want this to remain a surprise, but if he stops getting emails, i might be busted

oh, and added a theme to the sd card to load and no power off yet. i haven't added any media to it ..

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    My emails didn't switch over until I went into my BIS account and went through "Change Device" under 'settings'. So I don't think anything will happen until you do that. Let us know how he reacts!

You do not have to go through change device. I switch BB all the time lol
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast