Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~some stuff won't work on the 8120 because of the different operating systems. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~some stuff won't work on the 8120 because of the different operating systems.

If I were you I would sale my 8100 for an 8120. Its a good deal

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Okay so my browser is only running T-Zones or Hot Spots, where's the blackberry browser?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    OMG! A brand new phone should not have these problems. Justyn, I feel for ya, but I don't think it is worth all this stress. Take it back tomorrow and get another one.

You have to resend your service books and check your mobile network settings and change your tcp to wap.voicestream.com

PIN/ID
    n/a
    I'm just trying to get back my OTA's and can't access mobile.blackberry.com

It was working earlier.

I have all night!

Try going to applications and click menu on all the apps one by one and change any that say custom to allow. That is what I did with my curve and everything started to work. Hope that helps..

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Captain's log startime o-three-hundred hours and seven minutes...
    It's been a long night of memory transfer and downloading. I thought it would all be over once the Sans Disc Memory Card had been formatted, but it lookes like it will have to be formatted again due to the constant rebooting of my tricorder. Not only that but I've lost alot of sleep tonight, I'm beginning to feel as though maybe I'm not a Starfleet Captain, but an electronics nerd in the 21st century. Thus being said, if this last format doesn't work I will have to continue my work later on today after some sleep. Picard out.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine is being delivered today so I will take a look when I get it. I would find an 8120 software package that is later/more stable than the tmo one that's coming on the devices. Tmo has always been known for weird bb software....

Quote Originally Posted by getmore4life View Post
    hey justyn I got my 8120 about 2 hours ago now and im havig the same problem as you. I called tmobile and told them about the problem and they told me to return it to the store and get a new one. I did that and am having the same issue on the phone. So what im guessing, is that its a software problem.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    pdxmatts, to be fair to the phone - it is not what's causing the problems... it's 3rd party apps and the external SD card. If the SD card had not already been formatted in another phone - it wouldn't be a problem either. It's only when you try to move a card that has been formatted in another OS that you run into trouble. Going and getting a different phone won't help because the same problem will occur again as soon as you install that card.

I have to stick up for my new love - the 8120

Justyn - I love your log! I felt exactly the same! I've spent WAY too many hours on this phone since I got it... but the good news is that I did eventually get all my 3rd party apps working on it (except TellMe which doesn't have a version for the 4.3 OS yet) and my SD card is working like a dream now. It took a while to figure out that not only did I have to reformat the card, but I also could not just move the folders back over to the card. (I would reformat the card and everything would be great, then as soon as I copied my data back over, the rebooting would start again.) I had to recreate the folders in the new BB and then just move the contents over - then all my troubles were over.

There is hope!!! Keep the faith...
    Last edited by gritsinct; 04-15-2008 at 12:27 PM. Reason: add more detail

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yea I only got 3 hours of sleep last night. But it was worth it

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hello all! I get mine tomorrow! I am so excited!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    pdxmatts, to be fair to the phone - it is not what's causing the problems... it's 3rd party apps and the external SD card. If the SD card had not already been formatted in another phone - it wouldn't be a problem either. It's only when you try to move a card that has been formatted in another OS that you run into trouble. Going and getting a different phone won't help because the same problem will occur again as soon as you install that card.

I have to stick up for my new love - the 8120
    I see! Well, I hope you guy's love your new phones and keep us informed about them. I wish I could get one, but I just upgraded and I would have to pay full price :cry: Glad that you guy's worked so hard on them in order to help others out that have the same problem. If 8100 themes and games work on the 8120, I have plenty that I could share with you guy's. Good work!

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    Yeah, I agree with pdxmatts, good work on keeping others in the loop to work and keep those BB working to their full potential. Thats what make that stacks what it is today! Long live the Blackberry!!

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I just wish I could afford a curve too!

But then with 2 BBs I would probably not even make it to work. I already give up sleep, reading, TV, etc... LOL

This site is amazing. Without it, I would not have nearly the level of enjoyment (and usefulness) that I do with my BB.

dymund no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have a BB 8830 my first BB wouldn't trade it for any other phone

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ my videos and music and ringtones transferred just fine! I'm thinking of just loading my pics on another card and putting it in my 8100, transfering using Bluetooth. But yeah, folders copied well and all. New OS rocks! Went down to Starbucks and 8120 went auto wifi on me, incredible! I'm getting Best Buy to web match an 8 gig SD card for me. Other than my pics my first day has been great!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast